“Seven of our franchises are profitable now..."

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Apr 9, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

TIL.....

I don't watch a lot of tv other then when I'm watching sports, but the NLL could've been a decent fit for SpikeTV back in the days of SlamBall and such.

2. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I think they might have been. Spike use to carry rodeo and the NLL game came on right after

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

that was Versus

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The NLL was never on Spike TV which is now called Paramount Network.

5. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

I printed a map and plotted the current teams including Philly and SD. Atlanta is on an island. I would love to see Tampa, never thought of it before, but it's full of transplants, attendance would get a boost because its an awesome road trip, flights are cheap. I also think Orlando is worth trying again. The one year stint of the Titans looked great. Both teams had successful AFL franchises as well, it would give you a nice nest of teams in the south, which I think is a necessity if Georgia is going to succeed. There are a few other nice markets that make sense for the league but this isn't the thread for that.

6. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Tampa wouldn’t do jack ****
    I’ve been to multiple lightning games and it’s all out of town fans
    That touches on your point, the nll has no fans
    The Orlando titans already proved Florida is crap

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

In fairness, the ORLANDO TITANS would have NEVER BECOME A THING had he who shall remain unnamed and unmentioned not KILLED THE NEW YORK TITANS, leaving the NATIONAL LACROSSE LEAGUE with ZERO choice but to decide to move the TITANS to ORLANDO.

RockStar likes this.
  8. chuckster

Orlando averaged just over 7,000 in attendance the 1 year they were there......which is more than Rochester, NE, Georgia and Vancouver are averaging this year or did average last year.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/attendance.html?leagueid=230&seasonid=4905

I don't know for a fact but my guess is that Orlando gave away alot of freebies in that 1 year. And given from what the history is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Titans, I may be correct.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

They need to see how the new teams do before they add more

Philadelphia isn’t a sure thing Comcast based or not

The flyers will still get priority dates
    The sixers who are back on the map sell out every night and that isn’t changing in the next 5-10 years will get the priority dates
    That still leaves the wings behind concerts and maybe Villanovas few dates at the building

10. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

If a Tampa Bay team is owned by Vinik, it will be fine. Lightning had a 100% capacity for all 41 home dates this season. Add a TB team and move the Swarm to Nashville.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  11. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Expect a game whenever the Fyers have a Sat game, day or night, and if the Sixers have a 1pm game. Friday nights whenever the Sixers aren't home.

12. chuckster

Didn't the old Wings sometimes do double headers with the Flyers on Saturdays? Flyers in the afternoon, Wings in the evening?

13. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Definitely. Those were long days! I just expect more. Matter of fact, I would leave most of my saturday flyers games up for sale, just to avoid too many double headers.

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Matinees sort of suck for anything but (outdoor sports like) baseball and football.....I'd sell the saturday afternoons too.

15. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

I LOVE THE WINGS BUT I WILL GLADLY BUY SEASON TICKETS FOR THE SMASHVILLE NASH WHEN THEY BECOME A THING.