2000 NLL Championship Game

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Old_School_Lax, Apr 15, 2017.

1. I'm BAAAAAACK!!!

It's been a long time but I'm finally getting new videos up on the GetBenched Youtube channel. This time around it's the towering classic that was the 2000 NLL Championship Game between Toronto and Rochester, the last ever played in Maple Leaf Gardens.

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  2. Tom Wersderfer

Tom Wersderfer Active Member

Thanks for posting. This is the best video quality on this game that I've ever seen.

Old_School_Lax likes this.
  3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Not only that, but it's also great to be able to rewind/fast forward this feed as well unlike the one on Bible of Lacrosse.

Old_School_Lax likes this.
  4. I've got the entire 1999-2003 Rock dynasty as well and the blip on their run, the 2001 final will be the next one I upload. I just wish I had the 1991 MILL final. It exists on an archive site but it's not downloadable as far as I can see.

5. AmericanRockFan

Do you mean only the title games from 1999 to 2003, or do you also have the random non-title games that were broadcast as well during that time period?

6. Unfortunately I don't have many Rock regular season games. There is a holy grail game I want to put on the channel and that is the 1999 classic at MLG against the Thunder. (The one that went head to head with Vince Carter and the Raptors and beat them in ratings nationwide.) The 8-2 beatdown of the Wings in the playoffs is another one I'd love to get my hands on.

But the games I'm really wanting to get for the channel are anything Detroit Turbos as they are the most requested games.

smurf666 likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

Any regular season games, even if it's not that many (which I don't think many were even on tv back then anyways) would be welcome to YouTube for me. I watch old Rock games periodically on Dallas Eliuk's channel.

Also, I think you mean the 13-2 beat down on the Wings, but who's keeping score?

smurf666 likes this.
  8. Actually every Ontario Raiders home game in the 1997-98 season and every Rock home game between 1998-2000 was televised on CTV SportsNet. (Ownership bought the Friday night prime time slot for 3 years and all of their regular season home games were on Friday night, mainly because they had no competition booking Maple Leaf Gardens.) After that, it got difficult to see games on TV since the Rock had to compete with the Leafs and Raptors for dates and couldn't get Friday nights with the same regularity.

9. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

wow that is awesome quality compared to the others i have seen.

thanks a bunch for posting!

10. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

One major pissoff that I remember from the 2001 to 2003 era with TV was a stupid regional rights pissing contest.

Sportsnet had regional broadcast rights for Rock, Ravens, and maybe Roughnecks as well.

Sportsnet West and Pacific had lacrosse games televised, but, they were blacked out in Toronto because The Score had national rights.

As an aside, remember those Score games? Due to a CRTC mandate, a majority of their programming had to be "sports news". To keep the percentage up, whenever they were televising a game, they had to occasionally break away from live action to tell you about some stupid college basketball score. Annoying AF.

11. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

It's an amazing championship game for those who haven't seen it before and one worth revisiting for how epic it truly was.