2000 NLL Final (Rock vs Knighthawks)

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by AFedyk, Dec 1, 2018.

1. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

omg were these games exciting

2. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I was there it was definitely in the top three. I have JT's OT winner in Philadelphia in 92 and Darris capping off Buffalo's comeback in 93 vs Philadelphia as the others. I am sure there are a few more I am forgetting but that 2000 game was rocking.

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

My favorite part is the commercials. AOL Canada seems like the future.

RockStar likes this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

My biggest regret of lacrosse fandom is not going to that game.

And yes, I too love seeing old commercials with the benefit of hindsight on things. That’s one thing I like about looking through old programs too.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

watched that on on TV.

Molson Export Lacrosse, on Sportsnet...a genuine tier one cable network.

we've come a long way since then, much of it in the wrong direction

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  6. MrWilson

MrWilson Member

I watched on TV as well. It was a heartbreaker...but a fabulous game.

7. AmericanRockFan

What channel showed it in Rochester? I lived closer to Buffalo as a kid, so I didn't get the random Rochester stations that showed Amerks and Knighthawks games.

8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The amazing things about that ending were:

1. Old NLL rules where you could take the ball back in to your own crease. Ladoceur does that just as the timeout is called. You can't do that now. I remember guys passing the ball back to the goalie quite a bit under that rule.
    2. In a tie game with the cup on the line, Bartley pulls the goaltender for a 6 on 5. The only guys that touch the ball are Toth and Doyle at the top of the formation. That is a TON of trust right there in those 2 guys.
    3. Bartley has virtually no reaction when Toth scores that goal.

9. AmericanRockFan

Keep in mind too, that Toth wasn't supposed to be the one to take the shot. It was actually supposed to be Stroup, but I believe he was being guarded enough that Toth felt it was better to take the shot himself, and the rest is history.

10. MrWilson

MrWilson Member

Hell, I can't remember back that far....I may still have it on VHS somewhere. It was likely WB16 or perhaps a Time Warner Cable channel.