2009 Portland LumberJax Photos

Discussion in 'Portland LumberJax Forum' started by portlandbeer, May 9, 2009.

1. portlandbeer

portlandbeer New Member

Well, I've been silent on the subject of the move since the big announcement. Until now. I don't want to start with a big diatribe on the sport, management, league, or anything like that. You guys seem to have that covered!

Over the last four years, my role has expanded from season ticket holder to photographer, and it's been a great ride. Those of us that love and understand the sport are a different breed, and anyone outside of our circle may have a hard time understanding what we're all about. From the technical nuances of the sport to the incredible hard work, blood, and sweat of our favorite players--some just don't understand what goes into putting on a great game in the NLL. Unfortunately for Portland, it's come to an end.

I'll be talking more about my involvement with the sport and with the LumberJax in the upcoming weeks and I hope that the fans stick around on the forums for a little bit longer to discuss what we had here in Portland.

I'm currently going through my 2009 LumberJax photography and will be giving away some photos of the players for those fans out there that want some unique memories. Hopefully, I'll have a batch selected sometime tomorrow and will post the details here in this thread.

Matt

2. portlandbeer

portlandbeer New Member

I grabbed a shot of each player on the team (let me know if I overlooked anyone) and posted them here.

I've shrunk the photos to 1200x800 (72dpi)--they're not good for printing, but you'll be able to use them for desktop images and such. To grab this size, click on each photo and then use the download link. Feel free to pass this info on to anyone that might appreciate it. I'll keep the photos up for a month or so.

If you're interested in actual full resolution prints from anything this season, please get in touch with me through my photography website.

Cheers,
    Matt

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
  3. L Jax!!

L Jax!! New Member

Was browsing through all your pics & gotta say, they are awesome! You've got a great eye! Really like the one of Powell cutting hard to his right to the net!!!

4. yowzado

yowzado New Member

thanks beer! Awesome shots. I actually teared up looking at them, it is still hard for me to grasp that it is all over for me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  5. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

I'm a sucker for any Brodie pictures you may have.
    I'll take a look through your folders and see if I find anything interesting ;)

6. portlandbeer

portlandbeer New Member

Thanks everyone! Glad you like the photos. Grab 'em while you can!

Some of you have asked me about the April 4th Mammoth game and unfortunately, that's the game I missed. The rest of the home games plus three training camps are here. The 2008 season is in that collection as well, but the NLL owns the rights to the photos, so I can't supply any of those shots to you.

Cheers!
    Matt

7. PurePlaid

PurePlaid New Member

No pics of the ever-gorgeous Pat Jones?? sniff sniff.... lol

8. StealthDragon

StealthDragon New Member

They're all classified because of his job.

9. PurePlaid

PurePlaid New Member

How classified is it if he does radio interviews talking about it?? hmmmmm. Sorry, StealthDragon, but I think that has little to do with it. But I could be wrong.

10. StealthDragon

StealthDragon New Member

It was a joke. I think most everyone knows what Pat "I carry a gun at work" Jones does. But since there's no pictures of him it plays in to his work being awesome *and* secret.

11. portlandbeer

portlandbeer New Member

12. PurePlaid

PurePlaid New Member

Ahhhh. Muchas Gracias!! Mi corazon es contente! (hahaha. Thanks for the eye candy!)