2012 NHL Winter Classic

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Hollywood42, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

http://m.philly.com/phillycom/db_/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=41F027046F18D186C5180CDE375638F3?contentguid=SHSze21C&full=true#display

since the nhl seems fine with using the same 5 teams from the east
    id love this

but i dont think it would work unless the NFL didnt play since the eagles are also home that day

thats just way to much traffic in the area and not enough parking
    however if the Eagles played and somehow the nfl worked with the NHL and made the eagles SNF
    and the hockey game starts at 1230 you might be able to pull off the duel day event

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
  2. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

They said it may be on Dec 31 because NBC dont want to go head to head with NFL. No one want to.

But if they pick Citizen Bank Ballpark for Flyers game, then its not bad idea. But it may be against NY Rangers... NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Whats wrong with Flyers against Devils? :-D

Roy

3. ParrotBayTaz

ParrotBayTaz New Member

Very easy. Ratings. Devils would not deliver the ratings the Rangers would. Why do you think the Devils rarely get NBC games in the regular season where the Rangers get at least 2 to 3 games a year. Even Vs. seems to shy away from the Devils when they can.

4. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

Dolan paid them off. :-D (just a joke, relax people)

Roy

5. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This. You'd see Flyers-Rangers before you'd see Flyers-Devils or Flyers-Islanders no matter how terrible the Rangers were. Since the NHL insists on trying to compete against college football, they need all the big names they can get in the game.

6. Hollywood42

all but confirmed
    New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers January 2nd 2012
    Citizens Bank Park
    Philadelphia PA

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I'll go, but too soon for the Flyers again, and I'd rather it be at Franklin Field than the Bank. The Bank is a beautiful place, but will have crappy sight lines for hockey. Too low of an angle on the baselines in the first level, and a mile away in the second.

Absolutely no way the Eagles ever let a game happen in the Linc before the Conf finals in any given season.

8. gmbjr

gmbjr Banned

better than previous sites as far as the 2nd level goes, and closer to the playing surface than Franklin Field would be on the ends by far. As a partial plan Phils ticket holder I expect after Flyers season ticket holders we will get dibs before the general public for tickets, and expect to go.

9. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'd love to see it but I'm bored with the same old ****.

Then again I'm not your average sports fan. Avs @ Wild or vice versa anyone??

10. Hollywood42

probably not

flyers season ticket holders get first crack
    then they sell like 35% to the rangers season ticket holders
    then whatevers left the GP can fight for
    then rebuy them one they are listed on stubhub

11. Hollywood42

yawn.........

12. gmbjr

gmbjr Banned

forgot about Rangers fans, but theres fewer of them. It's still likely they'll make an offer to CBP holders first before releasing tham....but I agree that many "fans" will buy just to sell on stubhub.

13. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Agree about the 2nd level view as my phillies plan is up there (sec. 324). And I'm hoping that Phillies STH's get a crack at tickets as well.

14. gmbjr

gmbjr Banned

sunday plan, full season, or one of the 17 game plans?

15. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think that is an excellent idea. Denver would be ideal outdoors.

16. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

They should base the priority by who's had their tickets the longest regardless of plan. I've had mine since 1989 (17 gamer). Don't reward the bandwagoners.

17. gmbjr

gmbjr Banned

they'll likely do it by which plan...full season first, then lump the partial plans. It'll be the nhl's call I assume, but I know the Phillies base their post season package on longevity. When you look at your invoice, it will say as one of the benefits that you are guaranteed one seat per season ticket for 2 series'. When I called them last year (the first time I noticed the small print) I asked about that since I always had 1 ticket per seat for all the series'...and they said due to how long we had the plan we still get all series despite the wording, that sentence is for new holders.

18. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

I get one game for each series as well. Guessing you've had your plan a while too.

19. Winger86

Winger86 Member

Sh!t I'd pay top dollor for this. **** the small market teams.

20. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Here's how they handled the lottery for Boston:

STHs first, one chance per seat, with an extra chance if you had had seats inb the Spectrum. So I had three chances.