2017 attendance

Discussion in 'Georgia Swarm Forum' started by GoodsOnSabres, Jan 8, 2017.

1. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Georgia has been hyping up how helpful it was to have a full year to market and how Atlanta is starting to buy into lacrosse. Yeah, didn't look like it last night. You could park a bus in a lot of the sections of empty seats. The commish said he doesn't want to move anymore teams, but Georgia is starting to look like a failure to me unless they are willing to take big losses.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

they cant be losing money much slower than they were in MN.

I mean the facility rental might only be 20%, but, I bet the gate is also only about 30%

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

To be fair, there was snow in the Atlanta area yesterday and all it takes is 1 inch to mess up the whole city.

4. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Announced attendance of 4809. It will interesting to see how the second year progresses there. Last year they averaged 4667. They had 3 Sunday dates last year and only have 1 this year so hopefully that helps a bit.

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

to their defense the georgia area had rare winter weather where if even .01 of snow falls no one knows what to do

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

must have been a god damn blizzard tonight only 2400

Hollywood42 likes this.
  7. Hollywood42

I legit just LOLd

8. Hollywood42

That just about sums it up, that's like Albany attack bad

Attached Files:

9. RockStar

Game 2 shows you the real attendance.......I don't know what their operating budget looks like, but, they had to be closer to breaking even with a consistent 8k ish in central M-SP than they are with a life support 2.5K in the Atlanta 'burbs

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So....maybe those were the wings of a bee that Philadelphia had. At least that's what the next incarnation of the Wings will have at this rate.

11. Hollywood42

There's the damning photo

Attached Files:

12. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

How can this team be there next year at this rate? Could a relocation to Philadelphia be a possibility? Or a return to Minnesota somehow?

13. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

We want the NLL back in Minny but if it means Arlotta-owned, no thanks.

14. RockStar

This looks like a CLaX game......pretty sure there are considerably fewer than 2400 arses in seats. Only the middle section is even scraping up against half full, with the others at like 18 or less

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Funny you say that, cause the first thought I had when I saw the Georgia crowd was 'I wonder if that could fill the Meridian Centre?'

16. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Even we weren't that bad. We usually had between 3000 and 4000 and that was an accurate figure. The most dismal figure I saw was when we had a bad snowstorm in 2003 and Philly was in town. That game only had a few hundred hearty souls. Even my wife wouldn't go and she didn't want me to go to risk driving but I said **** it and went. Anyway, the Georgia games are looking more like that.

17. Hollywood42

I think I actually meant Syracuse smash bad.

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

What you fail to consider is unlike 2008 fans now wear blue chairs to games to protect themselves. This was a biggest crowed in NLL history section 101 row a has 2.5 thousand people in it alone.

RockStar likes this.
  20. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Stop spamming these forums with your political takes, this is the second team forum you posted this. Take it to off topic, nobody wants to deal with that here.