2017 attendance

Discussion in 'Georgia Swarm Forum' started by GoodsOnSabres, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of time before the Thompsons begin to get traded to NE
    The thing about Georgia is their ownership is famous for shipping out the stars when they are due the significant pay bumps
    And with a roster like theirs they will eventually either fold relocate or firesale

2. unspoken

unspoken Member

Exactly. If you follow the NLLFish twitter account, there was a number of jokes posted this week about Arlotta's trades with the deadline being today. Everything from the special phone being put in his office (a child's toy phone) to reminding the Swarm staff to unlock the door of the room they locked him in today. Pretty entertaining stuff actually.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm really puzzled as to why the fish in the league's office is starting **** on Twitter....

4. unspoken

unspoken Member

Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is it's quite funny.

5. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

I would of loved to see this roster playing for the Minnesota Swarm in 2017 and I would be quite the arrogant prick about it, too. However, we know that the carpetbaggers would have continued to tank it until they could find a way out of Minnesota. #NotMySwarm, like I said, have a really good team on the floor but it is the ownership (whom Sakiewicz deems highly competent, o_O) at fault here. How they can't convince more the 4k fans in the Atlanta Metro Area to even buy tickets to a game on a Saturday night to watch this talented team is all the convincing one needs to know the carpetbaggers can't get it done. They are well on their way to poisoning the second well for a future NLL team.

Just remember, the carpetbaggers are not fans of the fans.

6. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

I originally thought it was someone in the NLL office who started the fish account for fun but given what's been posted, Imma say that's not the case.

7. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I love the fact Georgia is one of the best teams in the NLL this season and the only thread talking about them is about how shitty they draw

RockStar and swami24 like this.
  8. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

I swear the official NLL Twitter account mentioned the NLL Fish. Either someone in the PR department went rogue or Sackiewisz is a straight up savage. Either way I love it

RockStar likes this.
  9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Well, noone there cares, so why would they seek out a MB? Great line.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. unspoken

unspoken Member

I think part of why it's a topic of discussion is that the numbers they are reporting are clearly exaggerated. It would be more of a "what can they do to improve" discussion without that.

11. Wingsfan23

Wingsfan23 Member

This is the team that has the potential to host games 1 and 3 of the champions cup
    The league needs to be completely embarrassed by their gate turnout last weekend
    They are the reason the nll will never advance in the sports world

12. Vin

Vin Active Member

Which is pretty much what the Albany Times-Union's Mark Singelais wrote every week despite the team being so good.

13. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

As if anyone thinking of going to a game looks at numbers first, or anyone thinking of buying local advertising never shows to a game either. My only guess is to bump whole league attendance to trick league sponsors.

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

My favorite part of the game tonight was the guy in the 1st row of my section screaming at Shayne Jacksom through the glass about how the attendance is so bad in Georgia and how Jackson wished he could play in a place like Buffalo.....and then Jackson scored 5 seconds after the ball was put in play. Classic!

swami24 and smurf666 like this.
  15. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

16. Vin

Vin Active Member

Believe it or not, lacrosse is growing there, but it will take another disrespecting generation to die off before there are sufficient fans down there.
    Just looking at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's sports home page is enough to let you know that if it's not football, basketball, baseball, driving in circles, killing things, or stringing up people of color - you know, the Murican Sports - then they don't give a rat's ass about it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  17. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They get 3 weeks to sell playoff tix so that should help. If they make the Finals, I wonder where they play game 1 since their arena is not available all weekend.

19. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Georgia vs. Vancouver NLL final, the league's worst nightmare. It would almost be entertaining to see the response.

20. unspoken

unspoken Member

Vancouver is not fantastic, but it's manageable. They're getting an honest 3000-3500 in a building that holds 5000. Playoff sales will increase a bit and even if not full, can still be made to look good for TV.

1500-2000 in a building that holds around 10,000... not so much.