2017 attendance

Discussion in 'Georgia Swarm Forum' started by GoodsOnSabres, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's not that bad. Keep in mind: It's not on TV. It's on NLL TV and Twitter.
    Championship games are also the best time to promote the team so the attendance does go up.

2. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Since the semi is a best of two I guess the switch the weekend of the home and away game

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  3. unspoken

unspoken Member

The semis aren't affected. It's weekend 1 of the Champions Cup that their building is booked.

4. unspoken

unspoken Member

They've had to try and drop their ticket prices 30-40% from their regular season games. That much of a discount for playoff games reeks of desperation.

It's also telling that if you go search on their ticketing website for the playoff game which they've been selling for two weeks now, you can still get 15 seats together in a row in the section which was always the most full during regular season games.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

It is terrible how that team gets such little support. Yet, the Gwinnett Daily Post does a good job and that isn't just a rinky dink local newspaper either (it's the #2 newspaper in the state behind the AJC). This means it's disrespect from much of the fan base overall and that lacrosse neophytes down there with their kids in high school programs are likely to be field snobs just like in the Carolinas. Either that or a total dearth of marketing.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  6. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

So I double-checked with my coworker friend who attended the game. This was her second game and she was visiting her sister who is a Swarm STHer, I believe.
    Here is an excerpt of a conversation I had with her via Lync today. (She just got back from Georgia.)

VIN 09:31

BTW, how many people do you think attended the Swarm game on Saturday? The announced and documented attendance was in the 5k range. It looked considerably less.

CHERYL 09:31

I think 5k is a "generous" overestimation

VIN 09:31

So, if you had to put an estimated body count to the nearest 250, what do you think?

CHERYL 09:31

but we had 200+ in our group, the local kids LAX team

VIN 09:32

that's nice

CHERYL 09:32

3500?

VIN 09:32

OK. Thx. Very good chance that team will win the championship this year. They broke the record for number of goals scored in a season.

CHERYL 09:40

My brother in law is a coach and on the board of that youth league I mentioned, and he does a lot of local PR for the Swarm. He was presented with one of those oversized checks for the kids' team during a break between quarters. Fun to watch, those guys are amazing.

7. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

I like that they tweet an ad that has "#1 ranked team in the world!"

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Goofy yes, but considering they're in college football country tossing in the ranking, as arbitrary as it may be, isn't the worst idea ever.

9. unspoken

unspoken Member

I still can't buy that 3500 is realistic from what I saw and the numbers I did on the arena. Granted though that this game had more than prior games.

smurf666 likes this.
  10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I bet Team Israel would have something to say about that. Or, maybe not. :cool:

11. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I have 7 sections that are each, at most, half full

for the purposes of a model, I can assume the rest of the rink is empty.

7 x 0.5 x 360 = 1260.

I'll double it, on the generous assumption that the snapshot was taken at the most unflattering time possible (like right after second half started....), but, I still cannot reach 3500.

12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

can't pull anything over a smurf

smurf666 likes this.
  13. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Same result the NLL will switch home teams for games one and two if the Swarm can not host

14. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Hard to argue I doubt any team from Prague is better. It is the NLL World Championship- with three of its nine teams located two hours from each other

15. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I figure a middle of the pack Ontario junior b team would dispose of most national indoor teams.....NLL titleholder can certainly be considered world champs

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think that if you're called "world champions", you should have actually played other teams from around the world and beat them to earn that designation.

17. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

for at least another generation, the NLL champ, or possibly the Mann champ are almost indisputably the best club team in the world,

18. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

Right I understand that they are probably the best box team in the world but I've never seen teams market that. You don't often hear that about pro sports teams, usually soccer is the only sport that goes by world rankings.

19. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

the Czechs are one of the few that are nearly all native born citizens. the other nations depend on dual nationality.

20. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member