2017 NLL Draft

Discussion in 'New England Black Wolves Forum' started by BlackWolves99, Sep 17, 2017.

1. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

The New England Black Wolves will be participating at the NLL Draft with coverage starting at 6:30 PM on Monday 9/18/2017. Coverage of the NLL Draft will be live on NLLTV.com.

The Black Wolves at the moment will be drafting at the following spots:

First Round
    8. New England (from Saskatchewan)
    10. New England (from Georgia) (compensatory selection)

Second Round
    17. New England (from Vancouver)

Third Round
    27. New England

Fourth Round
    37. New England

Fifth Round
    46. New England

Sixth Round
    54. New England

Looking forward to seeing who we can get to help us in December!

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Is the draft itself live on NLLTV? If so I'll watch if this league doesn't have it so that you have to have already renewed NLLTV for the 2018 season in order to watch it.

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

I see them going after brown's larken kemp with 17th pick.

4. AmericanRockFan

It's funny, initially I said I wanted the Rock to go after a defender and a goalie in this draft as a priority, but now I sort of want them to draft a righty forward.

5. AmericanRockFan

Tyson Geick has really improved his presentation skills since he started working for NLLTV, but man that intro he just gave was rather cringe worthy with the way he kept looking at his notes and such...

6. AmericanRockFan

164 people are watching the draft on YouTube right now....

7. AmericanRockFan

Interesting that the GMs aren't making the announcements. What else could they have to do that's more important?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Planning the next pick of course.

9. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Decent draft overall for the New England Black Wolves. Should be an interesting camp to say the least to see who will make the final roster.

First Round
    7. New England (from Georgia via Trade giving 2019 1st Round Pick)
    [​IMG]
    8. New England (from Saskatchewan)
    [​IMG]
    10. New England (from Georgia) (compensatory selection)
    [​IMG]

Second Round
    17. New England (from Vancouver)
    [​IMG]

Third Round
    27. New England
    [​IMG]

Fourth Round
    37. New England
    [​IMG]

Fifth Round
    46. New England
    [​IMG]

Sixth Round
    54. New England
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the new members of the pack and should be an interesting camp with these guys around!

Other Photos From Night:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

BTW nice call about the pick! He went 27th to us.

11. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i think they are deep ish and young ish at righty forward already.....lefty crease D and lefty attack should have been the goals for tonight.

12. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

The even up trade for 1st round picks was a steal what was Georgia thinking?

13. AmericanRockFan

I think New England had a great draft, especially with their last 2 picks picking up Matt Rambo and Cam Milligan, who has 'steal of the draft' potential.

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

And that pick isn't until 2020. Seems like Georgia may have been dumping it. Georgia took a player at #4 and then traded away #9, #10, #20 and #21. But if they pick at those spots, which 4 players would come off that roster to make room?

15. AmericanRockFan

I'm sure the Georgia GM did his homework before the draft, but I actually thought they could've gotten more than just a single 1st rounder years from now in exchange for one of their first rounders last night. I would've thought you could've gotten a 1st in 2020 and maybe some other sort of conditional pick as well.

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i agree that GA gave up too much for what they got back, but, let's face it, none of the traded picks were going to bump a present roster player.......

.....and every other gm know this, so, they are not going to bend over backwards to give a square deal.

i think this is kind of a both teams win kind of trade in the end.