2017 NLL Finals

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Jun 4, 2017.

1. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Years ago, a scout told me something about Poulin that still looks true - he gives up big rebounds and he loses a fair number of them.

Rush should probably hold the shots until there's a guy on one side or the other of the crease. Collect and pot trash for the win.

Otherwise, great game. Decent goaltending, big hits, and mostly letting them play.

2. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Clean-ish, hard game of men's indoor lacrosse, zero penalties in 25 minutes of second half play.

Gardonio and Garrison.....why the fun can't they call it like this all the time?

3. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

This late goal reviewing thing is idiotic.....kills flow and momentum in a thriller.

4. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Fruck this is stupid.....why can't the just have an off-field goal judge that tells the ref to have a look if there's anything dodgy. These are all good goals without doubt. Annoying waste of time and flow to review.

5. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

LOL, Rush

6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Pulling your goalie, with a 1 goal lead and 10 secs left..... so glad the swarm are making them pay for that,

7. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Stupidest clear play since New Westminster in the 2009 Mann Cup game 7.

In your own end, 10 on the clock, 8 to clear half........so, why not take it back into your own zone for 5 to 7s, and then airmail the motherhugger back to Georgia......you can even use the whole floor to have a couple safety guys back with you to pass to.

Wouldn't even need to pull Bold to run this one.......if he starts the play outside the crease, he can either be a safety guy, or draw one of the Swarm pressers so there is no double team.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  8. swami24

Fire whomever made that decision... as bad as the Seahawks super bowl pass decison

9. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Canadian timeout by Staats.....free timeout, he'll be back out there in 5s.

10. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

LOL, Rush.

11. swami24

Totally agree with the Chuck to the other end

12. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

Catch the ball man.

13. swami24

Duplicate post deleted

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I'd say it was worse. I know Keenan has done that before but the stakes were too high this time. Dumb. Makes Rex Ryan look like a genius.

15. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

He got crunched pretty good on a loose ball. No matter, Swarm got it done. Good for them, now every franchise in the league has won a Cup (counting NE when they were in Philly)

16. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Man just a series of terrible decisions by the Rush to choke game 2 away. The Swarm are well deserved winners though. Poulin outplayed Bold massively and the Georgia offense backed up their best offensive regular season of all time performance.

17. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

The Rush ball carrier on that last clear could have just pinned his own stick to the floor up high by the wall and chewed up most of the 8 seconds clearing time and taken the 10 remaining seconds down to 2 or 3 left......and with Bold in the net that would have been a better chance of winning than trying to make a bounce pass on shitty turf :(

So many ways to do it when you are in your own end and can use the whole floor.

I was right about one thing - no game 3. Comeau out coached, and the Swarm out-executed. Well deserved.

18. swami24

I am trying to come up with an anology as to how stupid it was, and it is tough. Best I can do is having a 4 pt lead in football, at your own ten with 10 secs left, and deciding to punt on first down. It gets blocked or run back for a td.

19. swami24

Maybe the Rush all had hot dates next weekend.

20. Winger86

Winger86 Member

The Rush just went full Wings. You never go full Wings.