2017 NLL Playoffs

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, May 6, 2017.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Well, the New England Black Wolves season comes to a fitting "Where's the defense?" ending....

This video is apropos for you Black Wolves fans...

Dear Toronto Rock fans....
    About the Georgia Swam: They mostly come at night. Mostly.

I feel bad. Yesterday was my 15th anniversary of joining the board and I forgot. And here I am living in an NLL market and I did not go to a single Black Wolves game this year.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I think the Rock-Swarm series has the potential to be a classic based on how the two regular season games went. Of course those games are for naught at this point, and the Swarm are the better team on paper, but the past shows that the Rock are more than capable of beating them. Should be a good time!

Vin likes this.
  3. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Who's this Vancouver PBP guy who tells us that we are having a "lacraass" game?

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

just how good is tom schreiber?

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

and what is wrong with kirk although that defense was ran over

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Thought came to mind today that while I am not sure whether or not I went to a game in 87, I know i was hooked in 88. I have gone to at least 1 game for 30 seasons.

8. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Oh well. At least Denise will save money not having to travel to Saskatchewan.

9. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

You just had to jinx 'em with your Attack joke, Vin! You are so banned! :p

10. AmericanRockFan

Good enough that I almost got banned for posting a jerking off emoji in regards to my feelings on his lacrosse talents....

11. Wingsfan23

Wingsfan23 Member

Just in
    The lizards are putting together a trade with the machine to acquire him
    Rip nll

12. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

13. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i thought it was larger than that but a far cry from the 19,000 there for the 2001 title match vs philly. for a number of years, opening playoff games average about 1/3 to 1/2 drop off. why? ask the commish - that social media growth failed to put seats in the stands last night.

14. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

lowest announced Rock crowd ever.....and not even by a bit.....this was like 15% lower than the old record!

this said, it was bigger than many of the actual crowds in 2009......so it was an honest 6K at $20 or better a copy.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

What joke was that?

16. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Jesus, it's actually today, 07 MAY 2017, that is my 15th anniversary here! Yay!!

17. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

It really bother me that each game of the best of three serise is on it's own week.

They could at least do a game of Friday and Sunday and they if they need to use a second week.

18. AmericanRockFan

Agreed. I love the NLL and all, but there is no need at all for them to drag the playoffs out as long as they do.

19. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I just saw that this year is going to dive well into June.

Let me go on record as saying NLL season absolutely NEEDS to be over before Victoria Day weekend, and frankly, until full time wages are available, it should be wrapped up before May to free their guys to make a buck playing MLL and/or Canadian box lacrosse.

Playoffs are a tough draw on a regular weekend where the weather is too sucky to enjoy being outside.

Selling tix for a nice-weather holiday weekend just won't work.

If they are going to continue with the playoff series format, chop this to a 16 game regular season, and build a schedule that has every team booking their first two games in December.

20. wacklax

wacklax Member

I agree. All playoff series should be Friday sunday then following saturday for game three. Season (including playoffs should be over first weekend in may.