2017 NLL Playoffs

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, May 6, 2017.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Top three sports betting events in US would be:

Super Bowl
    March Madness
    Triple Crown races.

Worldwide.. the World Cup and believe it or not, Cricket and tennis are tops.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Plus you used my NLLTV login info, ya snobby bastard.

3. Snider4theWin

Snider4theWin Member

Trueeeee

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I almost bought the one game playoff last week. We will,see about next year.

5. Vin

Vin Active Member

Interesting question: Who does he make more money from?

6. Vin

Vin Active Member

Absolutely they did. 1.5 months in 2001. 3.5 months in 2002. So, 30% of the season was played in 2001. If you exclude the 3 weeks of playoffs that year, that means close to 35% of the regular season was played in 2001.

However, a check of the Media Guide can confirm this. The league has beefed up the Media Guide to include the final results of all regular season and playoff games for all time.

7. AmericanRockFan

I'm not sure if there's a rookie maximum in the NLL (I thought there used to be one? Maybe I'm confusing it with the NHL), but if there's not I'd think the Rock pay him more since the average NLL salary is higher than the average MLL salary. Of course, there might be other factors such as endorsements that he gets that might make his MLL-related salary higher I suppose.

8. unspoken

unspoken Member

The reading that I've done on current player pay does have a rookie and second year maximum. Rookie maximum started somewhere around 9 thousand and second year maximum started somewhere around 15 thousand. Goes up 3.5% every year starting in 2016. Can't find a copy of the CBA anywhere but that's what was reported on various websites and blogs

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  9. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

When they pay I under full time minimum wage , is there even a point to rookie maximum?

10. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

typical engineer - present only the variable value that supports your thesis. :)

dont think fraction of calendar length is quite the right metric to consider. The schedule was a fair bit less dense during that first 1.5 months, so, we really only played, what, about 20% of a season there? I dont think many teams played more than 3 games, nor more than 2 or 2 home games in the six weeks, so, that could also change for the better.

we also did not have to worry about comparing nov to dec potential ticket sales to may playoff ticket sales

11. AmericanRockFan

Could there also be the (alleged) summer league loophole where guys get paid in "travel expenses" so they don't get taxed and take home more money?

12. Vin

Vin Active Member

These are good questions.

Honestly, we'd have to go back and look at the data.
    Sadly, that may be difficult.
    While we have records of the entire schedule that season courtesy of the Media Guide, the attendance figures would likely be in archived OG reports.

I see that you are new here. Do you know what OG ("The Outsiders Guide to the NLL") was?

BTW, I am simply saying that the NLL tried that Fall start only once. It may be worthy of trying again and, frankly, I would not mind that at all. However, for whatever reasons, they abandoned it the next season.

13. Snider4theWin

Snider4theWin Member

I just used him as an example
    Because he was such a catalyst for the rock this year if the machine offered him some kind of deal the lizards have with Rabil
    And Walters which enables them from playing nll

14. AmericanRockFan

I think you mean "prohibits them from," not "enables them from."

15. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

:) I have been contributing, if you can call it that, to this board as long as you, my friend.

due to circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to look like a newb.

Sentence has been served, should gain back my 15 whatever years experience in the very near future.

16. AmericanRockFan

Yeah, from my understanding this guy is a real rock star.

Mr Boo likes this.
  17. Vin

Vin Active Member

SO??? Does anyone have any comments about this weekend's playoff games? Sadly, I was in the lab Saturday night and so could not see either of them.

18. AmericanRockFan

Well, I thought the Rock played well in the first half. Granted, Miller played out of his mind for the first half and put on a goaltending clinic. When the Rock were up 4-1, I thought they had a good chance of winning. Of course I knew it was far from a sure thing since there was 35+ minutes left to go, but they looked like they were able to contain the Swarm.

Then the third quarter happened and the Rock got out-transitioned by the Swarm. The Swarm seemed to figure out the Rock's defense and were able to beat them onto the floor in the second half.

While I do think that Georgia is going to eliminate the Rock this weekend, I still wouldn't be shocked if the Rock win the second game but then lose the mini game. The Rock didn't play bad enough for me to assume this is gonna end in a sweep next week, but they also didn't look good enough for me to think they'll be able to hold off the Swarm for 70 minutes.

19. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

the defence and goaltending certainly did its job - 9 against over 57 or so minutes, deducting the two empty netters.

what sucked, yet again, was lefties being almost completely skunked (1 frigging goal) and being entirely shut out for a stretch of nearly 25 minutes.

I am not qualified to pick an NLL coach, but, I cannot see any way in the world that both Manning and Sawyer can both be employed here next season with this.

The lefty attack is not world-beating, but, when you cant even count on, like, three goals.............

Dawick and Josh need to figure out which guy to remove. And they need to replace MacDonald, Evans, or McArdle with a healthy Corey Vitarelli type

20. AmericanRockFan

If one of them has to go, I vote for Manning. I loved him as a player (he's my second fav Rock of all-time after Stroup) but I'd rather invest long-term in Sawyer as head coach over Manning as the offense coach.