2017 NLL Playoffs

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, May 6, 2017.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The Rush had a 9-8 lead at the end of the 3rd and then went out and scored 9 in the 4th to pull away. That doesn't sound like a one sided beating unless you're just looking at the 4th quarter.

The Rush and the Swarm were also rans for years. But with smart drafting, good coaching and putting the right pieces in, they've pulled ahead of everyone else. Why fault the league if 2 teams figured out how to win and the rest decided to tread water?

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

While I think the Swarm and Rush are the best teams in the league, I really don't think they're that much better than the rest of the league. There's actually a lot of parity in the league in my opinion, and the "bad" teams aren't that far away from being pretty good teams actually.

3. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

Kudos to the Rush and Swarm for building such strong teams. They've earned their success. As did Rochester a few years back. I boo anyone on the verge of a three-peat, however, just because I get bored of the same old, same old. And frankly, the superlong season and extended play offs feel pointless if it's obvious who'll be in the final by mid-season. The league's problem isn't two teams doing what they can to win. It's extending a season to the point of sheer boredom, with little pay off in terms of excitement or surprise.

4. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

I agree with you. Thing is, that regular season parity hasn't shown itself in the championship final for several years: Hawks, Hawks, Hawks, Rush, Rush, possible Rush again. I like playoff surprises. Maybe one will happen yet. Until it does, I'm bored.

5. Vin

Vin Active Member

Are the remaining playoff games on Twitter?

6. Vin

Vin Active Member

LOL.... this is just part of the evolution of the league. Remember when it was Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock Rock?

7. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

The Mammoth started the game up 2-0, and after that it felt like they were just treading water. Out shot, out hustled, etc etc. The defense held up for 3, but the offense just never looked like they were putting it together, even though it was a 1-goal game going into the 4th. So, only surprised the Mammoth defense collapsed so badly in the 4th, not that the offense couldn't keep up.

8. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

Agreed. The score flattered the Mammoth, until the 4th. It felt much more one sided than the score suggested. Hope tonight's a better game.

9. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

June 18th........... Yeah, time to start in november

11. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

season is going into June and some effing genius thinks that the thing we need most is a bye week, followed by game 1 at a stupid time on a Sunday.

the one silver lining is that Dawick doesn't have to lose his shirt hosting June 9-11 weekend, and trying to sell walkups to fans that stopped giving a schmidt 5 weeks ago even if they are aware that the Rock are still around

12. unspoken

unspoken Member

June 10th 7:30 PM Saskatchewan time (which is the equivalent to Mountain right now)

13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It saves some face for the NLL since the Swarm couldn't have hosted next weekend. They would have had to go to Phillips Arena in downtown Atlanta or look around for some local college basketball arena to try and shoehorn into. I doubt the NLL wants another Rochester circus issue.

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I dunno.....i would have scheduled the games for one week after i had an interesting press release (division finals results, championship round set).

if you do game 1 @ West, the twitterverse sees a full, loud house, and maybe thinks games 2&3 at East are worth watching.

doing it this way leaves an extra week for your story to get cold and folks to forget.

Maybe it doesn't even matter. It's forcking June and unless youre one of us dorks maybe it is too nice to be wasting sitting inside watching lacrosse.

wacklax likes this.
  15. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK SAYS THAT THE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOULD HAVE BEEN A ONE AND DONE, LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCH, THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. Vin

Vin Active Member

At least no one with have a circus issue now.
    Ringling Brothers last show was Sunday at the newly renovated Nassau Coliseum.

17. Vin

Vin Active Member

I don't mind that the last possible day of the NLL season is on Father's Day. I think that might actually be a nice tradition to do that.... watch the NLL Championship with dear old dad. I would if I could, but my dad got the ultimate game misconduct in 2003.

18. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I just don't like that everything is so drawn out. For a 9 team schedule with post season the NLL should follow the CFL's format.