1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 INJURY THREAD

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by fandit, Jan 14, 2018.

1. fandit

fandit Active Member

Since it's been discussed and the injuries are piling up, I thought we should just have an Injury Thread. That way any info will be all in one spot.
    So.....
    Diruscio?
    Fraser?
    Steener?
    Bennett?
    Wagner?

2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

looks like bill Obrien is riding to your rescue

RockStar likes this.
  3. fandit

fandit Active Member

4. SabreBandit

SabreBandit Member

5. Komarem

Komarem Guest

O’ Brien and Priolo makes for one nasty D unit if nothing else. We’ll see if he gets on the floor.

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Hollywood42 will be thrilled for his BFF.

7. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Not the biggest O'Brien fan, but it is what is. We had one D left on the practice squad in Liam Patten, we'll see who gets on the floor. Derek Searle could be a serviceable option as well.

On a side note we played way too much defense on Saturday thanks to early shots and passes getting intercepted while we were on offense.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

there has to be a someone in ALL that can track, hit, and has a better stick than O'Brien.......but, if you're going against Sask, and winning is a pipe dream anyway, maybe you just want some extra muscle and heavier knuckles.

9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

if you are looking for locker room help, I think bill would be a big help.

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It's only the practice squad but the way things are going, he could be in a game by next week.

11. RockStar

there has to be a someone in ALL that can track, hit, and has a better stick than O'Brien.......but, if you're going against Sask, and winning is a pipe dream anyway, maybe you just want some extra muscle and heavier knuckles.

12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

I was thinking Derek Searle

13. RockStar

Maybe Searle.

Or, hell, maybe even O'Brien......He's probably in shape, and, he will wear his heart on his sleeve.

I think one immediate need is a lefty skull smasher to lock down the crease. Both Rock games featured far too many good looks from righty forwards.

14. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

I don't know enough about O'Brien to say whether he's a good defender. I know he's huge and a tough guy. I like the idea of O'Brien on the team. We've had a lot of these "transition" guys playing defense the last couple years. Maybe he can be a stay at home guy to bring some interior toughness in the vein of BDS, though hopefully without the self-destructive penalties.

15. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

bill is a defender that is not in the league because it is a 9 team league. but is he an all-star, no. he might had been a stud back in the first few years of the NLL like cam woods, dan ladoceur, dan radebaugh, but now the most athletic runners are the defenders. i guess bill might work in a diamond set guarding the cylinder but get him out the wings or out top, you worry about his lack of quickness.

16. RockStar

if he can take away some of the crease plays without drawing penalties, that's worth something.....

even if he is just leaning on whichever lefty rolls to the crease position on every set, that could wear on the guys and tire them out a bit so they are maybe less effective late in the game.

what you have to worry about is the rust.......he wasnt in anyone's camp, and, the guys he would be guarding are tuned up from four or five real games plus camp and preseason..... if there is a big ALL guy that has already been through their camp and played a live game or two this winter, that might be a better stop gap.

either way, if we are sitting here wondering where the hell to find NLL-worthy role players to plug a couple holes on a young team, how rough is it going to be for two expansion teams to each build an entire nine man defence squad next winter?:D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    dougm likes this.
  17. Komarem

Komarem Guest

To my knowledge he has been playing in the ALL for St. Catharines.

18. RockStar

There you are.....he's maybe in game shape

19. SabreBandit

SabreBandit Member

Moorepheus likes this.
  20. Moorepheus

Moorepheus Member

Any word on what the injuries were?