1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 INJURY THREAD

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by fandit, Jan 14, 2018.

1. SabreBandit

SabreBandit Member

2. SabreBandit

SabreBandit Member

Mark Steenhuis (out indefinitely) and Matthew Bennett (out for the remainder of the season) have been placed on injured reserve. Ryan Wagner has been activated from injured reserve and Liam Patten has been activated from the practice squad.

Per Bandits twitter

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

A couple of people are losing their lunch on Facebook over the O'brien signing, and at least one person saying we should just sign Kedoh Hill. :rolleyes:

RockStar likes this.
  4. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Steenhuis broke his arm or wrist, had a pin put in.
    Bennett seriously messed up his knee.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

To be honest, I thought the stereotypical Bandits fans on Facebook who insists they want the team to sign more Natives would love the Bill O'Brien signing....

6. tydoggz

tydoggz Member

As well as wanting a tough team. I like the signing and it will not hurt. Either will Hill though as well but I would imagine Hill being released had reasons more than his play on the floor

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I don't think he was released, wasn't it that he's an RFA and has just chosen not to sign? At least, that's my understanding. But I suppose the story could change based on who you're talking to. It does seem like there's more to it than just lacrosse related things.

8. hustler45

hustler45 New Member

Bill O'Brien is not Native. That's why he wasn't allowed to play for the Iroquois Nationals.

9. source?

10. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

I thought Bill was on the Iroquois at the world field tournament?

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

12. good point, according to this website you would be correct.
    "enrollment/membership in the Onondaga Nation is based on MATRILINEAL descent. In other words, the mother must be an enrolled member in order for the children to be enrolled. Keep in mind that our records list ONLY members. If an enrolled Onondaga man married a non-Onondaga woman, the names of the wife and the resulting non-enrolled children DO NOT APPEAR in our records."

source:http://www.onondaganation.org/aboutus/genealogy-inquiries/

13. fandit

fandit Active Member

Chugger was on the radio at halftime and said that Diruscio tore his hamsting. Steenhuis is healing but still at least 6 weeks away.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  14. fandit

fandit Active Member

Chugger was on the radio at halftime and said that Diruscio tore his hamsting. Steenhuis is healing but still at least 6 weeks away.

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Yep 3-4 more weeks for Diruscio.

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Ouch! Goods' story in the News said Mark had his cast removed but has not been cleared for practice.