29 arrested at Giants-49ers game

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by RockyNY, Jan 24, 2012.

1. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Why? :confused:

3. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

As the Philly fans stated in your other thread, Philly fans know it happens all over the place

4. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

Because you complained when things happened in Philadelphia, it get reported.

If that doesnt happened in Philadelphia, this DOES NOT get reported.

So... this is proof that it does get reported even if it didnt happen in Philadelphia

Roy

5. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Get it right.....I believe the proper statement, that was made, would be that when it happens in Philly, it's NATIONAL news. When it happens anywhere else, it's usually LOCAL news on the banner that runs across the bottom of the screen if it even makes that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  6. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

.....and the only way you probably came across this information was probably when you were googling for Brooklyn Islanders.

7. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

I found it on ESPN website... read the URL...

Oh, I have coupon for you to go to lencrafters... wanna one?

8. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

.....while you were looking for Islander info on espn.com......sorry I wasn't so accurate in my last post.

9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

In Philly it's national news tjhat gets ascribed to a culture, with the obligatory citations of Santa and Michael Irvin. Everywhere else, if it is reported, it is: tisk, can you believe this happened here?

THAT is the issue...get it right Smedley.

10. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Isn't that pretty much what I said?

11. swami24

NO, it isn't...try saving your drinking until after work;)

My point is that even if it is reported, elsewhere it is looked at as a shame or and an exception. In Philly it is perceived as 'the rule', business as usual, and well...you know, its Philly.

The end result is that it IS a shame and unfortuantley business as usual EVERYWHERE. the point of perception is the reporting is the nuance difference in the posts, and the big problem with the national press in this instance.

12. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Happy Mr Perfect, I think I corrected my initial post. Hope it's to your liking....:D

13. swami24

nope.. the real problem is still the way the national media makes it regular beahvior here, but exceptions in the rest of the world. Its HOW its reported,PLUS whether it is or not....that;s my:mad:

14. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Probably because snowballs were thrown at Santa........back in 1968!!!!! I agree with you that Philly gets no "get out of jail free" card.

15. swami24

16. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

RockStar likes this.
  17. swami24

18. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

19. swami24

And I believe I recall some serious assault.charges on guys beating up a female sabres fan at a Bruins game.. not worth searching, it was a long time ago... so I could potentially be.misplaced on this one.

20. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK WON THE BATTLE OF THE ROCKIES.