4-0

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by Jake Clawson, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Jake Clawson

Jake Clawson Active Member

I have the game TiVoed to start watching next week, as I was busier than the proverbial one-legged man this past weekend. This last victory looks like a complete team deal, but it'll be interesting to see if it was the Mammoth overpowering a team, or the Stealth simply falling apart in front of whatever team happened to be in the venue at that moment.

JC

2. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

Stealth did not show up. Colorado looked good, but it was really hard to tell if it was their doing or the Stealth's poor D.

3. Grantjr24

Grantjr24 New Member

The game was basically over at half time. Neither team did much after that point. You could basically watch the entire game in half the time. I think we still would have won, but it seems the mammoth have what i call the sprint/marathon issue. Good and bad. We put a lot of effort up front and seem to fizz out after midway in the 3rd in almost every game. Hopefully this doesnt happen this weekend against the rush. Their D is typically very strong. I expect last weekend against the stealth to be a fluke (referring to rush vs. stealth game). I dont think this most recent mammoth game will have any sort of predicators for rush mammoth game this coming weekend. I still pick the mammoth to win but its gonna be a hard fought game on both ends of the floor.

4. CanHawk Fan

CanHawk Fan Active Member

I can see a Mammoth vs Knighthawks or Mammoth vs Bandits final this year. There is a LOT of lacrosse left to be played still, and never count out the Rush and the New England squad looks vastly improved and the Swarm team is young and getting better, but I think you will see either Mammoth vs Knighthawks or Mammoth vs Bandits in the finals this year.

5. Jake Clawson

Jake Clawson Active Member

Watched most of the broadcast so far. Big props to the broadcasters who were entertainng straight through, although I don't know of Stealth fans would have found it as such.

Colorado's play was not perfect but they did play excellently. They obviously took their foot off the gas in the second half but still kept the pressure on. Vancouver was both sloppy (I lost count on missed passes) and snakebit (if anything could go wrong, it seemed to). I guess one team great and the other one poor and unlucky results in scores like 14-5.

Curious about the fourth quarter. Zero goals scored. I'm assuming that's pretty unusual? I've certainly seen one team do it but can't recall seeing both do it.

...the announcers were, for some reason, absent for about a minute with three minutes left in the game. You only hear ambient game sounds (which, given the deflated atmosphere, aren't much) but at some point, a voice (not one of the announcers) comes on the mic to proclaim "Duchy with a swim move - the guy is magic! Silky magic!" Weirdly, this has nothing to do with what's going on on the floor at the time. Some sort of crossed wires somewhere? A fun bit of bizarreness.

JC

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  6. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

It's rare but happens once or twice a season.

They seemed to switch over to the in-house host's microphone when the broadcasters were on commercial, then switch back when the commercial was over. In that case it looked like they forgot to come back. Why they switched in the first place, I don't know unless it was to allow Brad and Jake to swear and say mean things without it being on air. :D