5 Teams in East finish 9-9

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by New Fan, Apr 21, 2018.

1. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Was just looking st the final week and I think it’s possible all 5 teams could end up 9-9 for the season.

Buffalo beats Rochester and they both end up 9-9. Toronto defeats Colorado and they are 9-9. New England defeats Georgia and New England is 9-9.

Somehow Vancouver rallies to defeat Georgia and Georgia is 9-9.

Is my math wrong or just too many beers?

2. unspoken

unspoken Member

No. If New England wins they are 10-8

3. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Too many beer. So, if Georgia beats New England and all the other games end up as I stated above the Georgia finishes first and the other teams would be 9-9. ????

4. unspoken

unspoken Member

There's a 4 way tie at the bottom that's possible if all of the following happen:

-Georgia loses to both Vancouver and New England
    -Buffalo beats Rochester
    -Toronto beat Colorado

In that scenario, New England is 10-8 and everyone else is 9-9. Georgia and Rochester take the playoff spots.

5. unspoken

unspoken Member

Also, if Buffalo and Toronto both win, and New England loses, there's a 4 way tie at the bottom at 9-9 with every team except Georgia. In that scenario, Toronto and Buffalo are in.

6. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Are you sure? If Buffalo, Rochester and the Rock end up 9-9, aren't these are the tiebreakers?

Georgia (3-0 vs Rock, 1-2 vs Knighthawks, 1-1 vs Buffalo; combined 5-3 record)
    Toronto (0-3 vs Georgia, 2-1 vs Knighthawks, 2-1 vs Buffal0; combined 4-5 record)
    Rochester (1-2 vs Toronto, 2-1 vs Georgia, 1-2 vs Buffalo; combined 4-5 record)
    Buffalo (1-2 vs Toronto, 1-2 vs Georgia, 2-1 vs Rochester; combined 4-5 record)

Georgia has the highest winning percentage and gets in. Toronto has the series edge on both Buffalo and Rochester and gets in.

I could be wrong as I didn't carefully check the playoff tiebreaker rules but thought I'd rough out what I understand the scenario to be.

7. unspoken

unspoken Member

You have an error in the Rochester/Buffalo season series. Rochester is currently 2-1 in that. So a 4 way tie not involving New England ends up like this with the 4-way head to head:

Georgia is 5-3
    Rochester is 5-5
    Toronto and Buffalo are both 4-5.

From what I see in the media guide it doesn't revert to the 3 way tie once Georgia is declared the winner. It would only revert if the three remaining teams were all tied, which they wouldn't be.

8. CrocodileLax

Thanks! It's unfortunate that an imbalanced schedule could eliminate the Rock who actually own a head to head tiebreaker over the Knighthawks who would advance in this scenario but at least I'm clear about how the tiebreaker could play out.

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Maybe this league could extend the season by having a game 19 (and even game 20?) to decide who gets in, a la baseball?

Or there's always RockyMaivia's idea of settling the score the old school way, on a concrete playground in the streets.

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I would actually be a little bit delighted if there was zero chance I would have to pay for a Rock playoff ticket this season......likely disappointment, and, it's already feeling too late for NLL.

This said, for a team to miss their crack at the cup through convoluted tiebreakers owing to moronic divisional alignment and goatfucked unbalanced schedule is criminal.

League needs to fix this ****.

11. CrocodileLax

Each year, I'm more convinced I'll be happier getting my lacrosse fix solely from the provincial Jr and Sr finals and the Mann/Minto Cups.

RockStar likes this.
  12. unspoken

unspoken Member

With respect to Rochester I'm torn about the imbalance thing. Yes it sucks that their losses mean less, but in fairness they also didn't get a free win matchup against the Stealth this year either.

RockStar likes this.
  13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Point taken about the "freebie" pair of games the Rock were spotted against Van, and, Rochester not being so blessed.

I'll watch next Saturday's Rock game, and get a bit excited about it, but, if the 'help' doesn't come through to get them into the playoffs, I will shed no tears.......Rose and the D played well enough almost every game that there was a chance to win, so, any failure to reach the post season season is mostly on the attack.

14. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

Toronto Rock
    [​IMG]If Toronto loses to Colorado, they are eliminated.
    [​IMG]With a win, Toronto needs some help to get into the playoffs:
    [​IMG]A Toronto win & a Georgia win over New England, Toronto is in.
    [​IMG]A Toronto win & Georgia beating Vancouver & Buffalo beating Rochester, Toronto is in
    [​IMG]With the combination of Toronto winning, Georgia winning twice & a Buffalo win, Toronto finishes 2nd