A Message From R.I.C.H.

Discussion in 'Boston Blazers Forum' started by R.I.C.H., Nov 16, 2012.

1. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this for a while. We don't have the Blazers anymore. We don't have an NLL team to follow (just yet, at least). You might think that just because there's no NLL in this area anymore, that means we can no longer see box here anymore?.....WRONG! In case you have either forgotten about it or just didn't get the message already, there will be box in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts starting in January. It just won't be NLL lacrosse.

Sure, I still wish the NLL came back. Instead, we get the NALL. I really don't expect it to possess the awesomeness the NLL has. We have to go through the hassle of going to Marlborough, instead of Boston, this time. I'm not that crazy about the name "Boston Rockhoppers". I'd go into a 20 minute rant about it, but I won't. You might think with these inconveniences, I won't support the Rockhoppers? I actually WILL support them for a very important reason. I've gotten to love box lacrosse. I really think it's a fun sport. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the NLL, nor do I think I'll be 100% satisfied with the NALL. But I am VERY greatful to have a team in this area. I am THANKFUL that there'll be professional box lacrosse in Massachusetts again (and Rhode Island since they have a NALL team too). Whether you like it or not, this is what we have. It's better than having no pro indoor lacrosse at all.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'm bored. Do the 20 minute rant.

3. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

I iriterate, I'd go into a 20 minute rant about it, but I won't. :p

4. fandit

fandit Active Member

Aw c'mon, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  5. Tavares is God

Tavares is God Active Member

Any news yet on if the Blazers will return next season?

6. InLaxWeTrust

InLaxWeTrust New Member

Not looking likely at all. Several people have been offered them cheap and turned it down.

7. JTavares4E

JTavares4E Active Member

wonder what the going rate for a team is now days.

8. InLaxWeTrust

InLaxWeTrust New Member

Someone turned them down for $100,000 believe it or not.

9. JTavares4E

JTavares4E Active Member

wow... thats unreal.. almost worth getting a buisness loan myself.. Maybe everybody should band together and have a fan owned team like the Packers, FIRE UP those fund raisers!

10. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

Two things:

1. Maybe they are working something out and aren't interested in selling the rights to the franchise.

2. Selling that low devalues the entire league, and the Board of Governors may deny the sale on that basis.

11. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

Doug Reffue told me about the search for a different arena for the Blazers to play in when he came to the Rockhoppers' home opener telling me it wasn't going too well. I'm now pessimistic that Boston will be going through another year in its NLL-drought. However, as I said about the Rockhoppers, it's better than no boxla.

12. InLaxWeTrust

InLaxWeTrust New Member

Pretty much investors feel the team is worthless and would rather just start a new franchise themselves in a smaller building in NE.

13. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

Then they will approach the league about getting an expansion franchise. The league would not allow a team to be sold for $100,000 because it would drag the value (such that it is) of the other teams down.