Andrew McBride to serve as an assistant coaching for the coming NLL season

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by BlackWolves99, Jul 21, 2018.

1. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

http://www.delta-optimist.com/sports/ladner-lacrosse-standout-joins-mammoth-coaching-staff-1.23374496

"One of the finest players to ever come out of Delta is taking his coaching career to the National Lacrosse League.

Andrew McBride has been named an assistant coach for the coming season with the Colorado Mammoth where he will be working with head coach Pat Coyle.

The Ladner native spent his his entire 13-year NLL career in Calgary as a defenseman, leading the Roughnecks as captain for five seasons.

Twice an NLL champion (2004, 2009) and twice an NLL All-Star (2008, 2011), McBride amassed 87 career points (19G, 68A) and 711 career loose balls in 198 regular season games; he also holds the franchise record for regular-season games played.

Since retiring, McBride has made Calgary his home for his young family where he has had a major role in the development of lacrosse, including coaching at the junior “A” level with the Okotoks Raiders.

“It has been a life-long dream of mine to coach the best lacrosse players in the world. I look forward to working tirelessly to bring a championship to the Mile High City and the Mammoth organization.

“Colorado is a world-class city and organization. I have immense respect for (general manager) Dan Carey and Pat Coyle and I can’t thank them enough for this amazing opportunity.”

McBride played minor box lacrosse with the Delta Islanders and signed a junior "A" contract to play with the New Westminster Salmonbellies where he was a standout from 2000-03.

He was inducted into the Delta Sports Hall of Fame in 2016."

2. You guys are so lucky and in for such a treat!!! I am so salty that our Calgary Roughnecks, instead of signing McBride, chose to go ahead and re-sign (for multiple years) our losing coaching staff with the worst all time record of CR lacrosse!!!

RockStar likes this.
  3. unspoken

unspoken Member

I was quite curious when I saw the multi year extensions for the coaching staff. There must be something going on in Calgary that leads all of their big name UFAs to leave as soon as they can - Poulin and Shattler recently come to mind. They have a number of UFAs this year and it will be interesting to see how many of them re-sign.

4. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Roughnecks Fan #1, I'm with you on one of my all time favourite Roughnecks won't be with the organization. Will miss seeing him and his previews of the games on the web and interview players between the benches for the upcoming season, but at least will see him behind the Colorado bench a couple of times a year. I'm with you on the extension of the contracts for the coaching staff, it's a mystery in light of their record over the past 4 years. What a great opportunity for the former Captain to be an assistant coach with Pat Coyle and Shawn Williams.

Well, hopefully someone in the Calgary Flames organization, who own the Roughnecks, will finally see it fitting to retire #37 to the rafters. Drafted by Calgary and one of a handful of players to play an entire 13 year career for one team. I read somewhere no other professional athlete has played longer for one Calgary team that includes the Calgary Flames and Calgary Stampeders. Helped his team win 2 NLL championships, started the classroom lacrosse program in Calgary and now GM and HC of the Okotokos JRA Raiders that play out of Calgary and are off to the Minto Cup again this year. Good luck to the former Captain and fan favourite.

5. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

COOL BEANS!

6. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

I think Poulin couldn't wait to get out of Calgary. He was a fantastic goalie and teammate and one of my favourites to watch when he first joined the Roughnecks. However, under the constant criticism of the current HC you could see his play falter. In 2014 the loss to Rochester was a tough one as the goaltending was not his best. Moves and the wins a NLL Championship with Georgia.

Was so excited to Shattler win not only a NLL Championship this year, but named the MPV of the series. Don't know if you watched his interview after the game, but sure gave a shot at the Roughnecks saying I guess I still have something in the tank. The HC runs the show in Calgary and the GM is just a figure head. Oh to have a GM and HC like Keenan.

RockStar likes this.