Another game another slow start another loss

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Hollywood42, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

if they could stop playing like dogshit in first quarters that would be greatttttttt

Figure it out Paul day, don’t get on mine and @Wings-4-Life radar

2. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Paul Day should always be fired today he deserves a special firing for starting Buchan
    Both games against Buffalo he gets dominated until he gets pulled then the Wings come back outscore buffalo the rest of the game but can not dig out of his hole

Hollywood42 likes this.
  3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Meh. They've alternated starters every game so far. DiRuscio had been pulled for being ass in both of his starts, too.

Damian Vansuch likes this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Are those H42 drunken post game video blog rant thingies gonna make a comeback?

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Nah I haven’t had a drink in over a year

wacklax, RockStar and swami24 like this.
  6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Sober rant videos could be a success too.

swami24 likes this.
  7. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

They just need a goalie and they’ll be fine

8. Transition Defense seems to be an issue as well as the power play. My highest expectations for this year was a .500 record. They really haven't been blown out by anybody yet. Slow 1st quarters are a problem. I am chalking it up to the fact that they aren't reading their teammates minds when it comes to passing. A few of the Buffalo goals last night were catch and dunk right on the crease. That kind of passing only comes with knowing where your teammate will be, and our guys are still introducing themselves to each other. Same goes for the power play. Ball movement there isn't fast enough.

If these issues don't start to clear up by the end of the season, they we have some problems.

RockStar likes this.
  9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Maddening how both have played well in relief , but neither when starting. Is.the team really responding when the change is made? Day has to change the pregame planning

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

one thing is if you're not the starter, but rather come in to relieve an 8-2 deficit, well, nobody expects you to win, so, in some ways the pressure is off.......be nice to block the stats so you know the performance when the score is within two goals