anybody NOT renewing season tickets next year?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Feb 12, 2019.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Is anyone who is a season ticket holder this year NOT renewing for next year? If you are not, what are your reasons? Just taking a general survey to see what people are thinking.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Bro there’s like 7 people who post here, all of whom are long time sth
    You’re not going to field any form of results here

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't I renew?

This is an expansion team who has gone toe to toe with its opponent in 8 out of 9 games so far. The closest I've come to considering giving up my tickets is when they banned me on facebook back in December, but that only lasted about 2 hours before they realized the error of their ways.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Vin and Damian Vansuch like this.
  4. 1sttimelongtime

1sttimelongtime Active Member

When you have a team full of rookies competing that well against teams with a lot of experience, it would be quite silly to not be happy looking forward.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm not renewing, but only cause I don't have season tickets in the first place.

theSloth likes this.
  6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Dumbest thread ever. If.someone were giving up, they would have lost interest, and wouldnt be visiting this site.

1sttimelongtime likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

Since I don't feel like making a new thread, I'd like to bring up how bad the Wells Fargo Center ticket fees online are. People whine about Ticketmaster, but the Wells Fargo Center's box office (it's not Ticketmaster, but I don't recognize the name) just tried to charge me $29.50 in fees for a ticket to the UFC event on March 30? **** that. I'll take the $7 from Ticketmaster any day compared to that shiz nat.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Oh that it was only $7 from ticketmaster. Maybe it sometimes is, but, it varies.

I have seen as high as $20 on a $45 ticket.....and, then, right as you've resigned yourself to paying all that, they throw another $5-10 'order fee' on top of the whole thing right on the last screen.

their executives are fcking lucky they're nowhere I can reach 'em :D

9. AmericanRockFan

By contrast, looking at tickets for Bellator at the Mohegan Sun this weekend, a $50 ticket will actually cost $71.50 in the end, so Ticketmaster fees seem to have gotten worse. In all honesty, I have less of an issue with the fees than I do with how they just pop up at the last second. If websites just advertised the final price as the actual price (like what you can instruct StubHub to do), then there'd be no whining from me :)

10. AmericanRockFan

I guess at the Blue Cross Arena it's as low as $7 - I think that's what it was for the title games in 2014 and 2018. I generally go straight to the BCA box office if I need to buy tickets for something, unless I need to buy seats as soon as they go on sale - such as when I bought floor seats for SmackDown in 2017, because I'd rather take the time to drive to arena and save the ticket fee part of the purchase.

11. RockStar

I will say though that those guys are far more evil than ticketmaster......I can remember reading here, or FB that towards the end of Wings 2.0, they were advertising cheap walkups........and by the time the 'box office service fees' were tacked on, said walkups were no longer cheap :(

12. AmericanRockFan

The fees were so bad that I clicked on a $90 ticket and by the time I got tickets assigned to me they were $122.50 at least....I thought the $90s were sold out and they bumped me up a price range!

Also, I don't like how the Wells Fargo Center site (and the arena in Utica is the same way too) is that they advertise prices and which part of the arena they're in (100s, 200s, 300s, etc) but don't really tell you which part of which bowl they're in. Haven't they heard of color coding a seating chart?! :mad:

Oh well, I'll just save the ticket prices, hotel, and food money for this UFC Philadelphia trip and put it toward another fight night excursion in another city. I'm enough of a UFC snob (been to 12 events, including seeing 16 title fights in person) that I'll pass on this silly ESPN card :)

13. RockStar

So, just when we thought we had all the answers, TM changed the questions.

I think TM actually has'dynamic pricing' built into their web store algo now, where prices surge in sections where there is higher demand.

Was recently shopping for KISS tix.......so I can take my son and show them the arsehole half of a once great band plus a couple stooge hired guns pretending to be someone more charming.

Had my eye on $79 plus fee upper deck seats.....clear sightlines, just get us in the building to see something.

clicked around for ~45 seconds to see if I could slightly improve my view for same price, and, by the time I was back to the $79'ers, they had morphed into $119'ers.

Lower bowl with slightly better angle was only a "modest" premium ($145) so I went that way, but, damn, first time I have seen elastic surge pricing ever, let alone during a presale.

They also have surge pricing close to event days if there is any demand left.....

Ozzy, last summer, I grabbed el cheapo general admission lawn seats at an ampitheatre venue for $55 with fees right after they went on sale. One of my companions tried to grab a ticket for his new GF a day before the concert.....and they were almost $100 with fees. :eek:

14. AmericanRockFan

A lot of teams and events are doing the dynamic pricing gimmick these days. The Sabres do too, but they actually had a very low price for tickets during the pre-sale in September - I regret so hard not paying $60 + fees for a ticket to the Leafs game there back in December.

15. mightymouth

mightymouth Active Member

One advantage of having an account with them if they don’t charge those fees for other events.

16. AmericanRockFan

An account with Wells Fargo? Or a season ticket account with the Wings?

17. mightymouth

mightymouth Active Member

If you have Wings season tickets you have a Wells Fargo account. I have not paid fees for concerts or other events for years. It takes a call to them but I have done it many times. Also get advance chances to buy them.

18. AmericanRockFan

Perhaps in 2020 I will buy Wings season tickets just for this reason alone :cool:

19. theSloth

theSloth Member

Same. But, any chance to bitch about the Stealth/Warriors. I had season tickets to the Stealth for the first 2 ( Maybe 3? ) years. I was excited to get an NLL team nearby. But, the fact that they sucked worse and worse every year, caused me to lose interest. I really have no faith in the Warriors. IMHO, they will be a bottom feeding team for some time to come. Also, posted all over the place around here, my distaste for the whole production.

It looks like they play a lot of weaker teams coming up, and might make the playoffs.

[​IMG]

20. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Depends on the event. I just tried to buy a $194 ticket to Saturday's Flyers game, and it only wanted to charge me an $8 fee.