1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

are the swarm the team to beat now?

Discussion in 'Georgia Swarm Forum' started by dougm, Apr 17, 2016.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

the last 3 games, especially last night's, has been pure domination from both ends of the floor.
    the offense is just destroying teams, that youthful arrogance showing up goal after goal.
    and the offense shares the wealth, the hot could be staats one night, jackson another, maybe its king, or wait look out for johnnyp, and you have the thompsons.
    but lost in this juggernaut are two players that still prove that scooping up the loosies matter, joel white and jordan macintosh.
    no team has a pair of reliable ball hawks that scoop and move the ball as good as these two.
    i love joel, as much as getting suitor might had been to shake up the sad sacked NBW last year, the guy they did not need to trade away was joel. he is lost in the swarm kiddie corp in terms of media attention, but damn if he is not a ball hawk supreme.
    and notice that for all the dealing done by the arlotta's, nobody is getting jordan. what does jordan not do, he does everything and if called upon to be a goalie, i think he would shine.
    the two of them are so good at bringing some pizzazz to the blue collar world of box.
    it is with joel and jordan that they create mismatches in transition, and they are a big deal on defense. why?, because right now higgins and brodie only need to see one shot and then count on either joel or jordan to get the ball out of their end pronto. the offense starts with a transition game that is right now second to none.
    right now, after three dismantling victories over the mammoth, black wolves and the khawks, teams will be looking for anyway out of dodge to avoid playing them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  2. jetman

jetman Active Member

They're definitely a team that's peaking at the right time. If they make the playoffs, they're going to be dangerous.

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Which is another reason to consider the 8-team playoff format again. It wasn't a "joke" and worked well proving itself in 2012 even though the championship was between ROC (7-9 regular season) and EDM (6-10 regular season) and both were <= 0.500... They were peaking and have been the championship teams since: 2012 ROC 2013 ROC 2014 ROC 2015 EDM

4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

It was an absolute joke. If anything they need to cut down to 4 teams.

5. jetman

jetman Active Member

I agree. Going back to 8 of 9 teams making the playoffs makes the regular season a complete joke. Just because a team is peaking at the regular season only to finish 7-11 does not give them the right to be in the playoffs. That's why they play an 18 game season - it's what you do in the long haul that should get you into the playoffs, not what you might do in the last 5 or 6 games.

Even 6 of 9 getting into the playoffs is too many. The thought of Vancouver still being in the playoff hunt at 4-11 is ludicrous.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Right now? Maybe. They have scored the 2nd most goals with 213 but have also given up the most goals at.... 213.

MacDonald is in the bottom half of goalies with a GAA of 13 and a save % of .745. Higgins is much worse with a higher GAA and .698 save %. Can one of them get hot? Sure, but there's nothing there in their stats that indicates they've even been luke warm this year.

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's true... Georgia has both the 2nd best GFA and the 2nd worst GAA.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]TOP 4 GFA[/TD]
    [TD]GFA[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]1[/TD]
    [TD]BUF[/TD]
    [TD]14.0000[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2[/TD]
    [TD]GEO[/TD]
    [TD]13.3125[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]3[/TD]
    [TD]SAS[/TD]
    [TD]13.0000[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]4[/TD]
    [TD]NBW[/TD]
    [TD]12.8667[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]BOTTOM 4 GAA[/TD]
    [TD]GAA[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]1[/TD]
    [TD]VAN[/TD]
    [TD]13.9667[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]2[/TD]
    [TD]GEO[/TD]
    [TD]13.3125[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]3[/TD]
    [TD]TOR[/TD]
    [TD]12.2500[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]4[/TD]
    [TD]BUF[/TD]
    [TD]12.1250[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Consider something else though.... In our league of 9 teams, only 3 teams (BUF, SAS, NBW) have a positive goal differential average. Georgia's ranks 4th at 0. The other 5 teams all have GDA < 0.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  8. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

I like the new playoff format. I'm fine with some half-way decent teams not making it.

9. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

I like their coach. Comeau always seems to get the best out of his entire squad, if they can last another year or two they should be title contenders.

10. salmonking

salmonking New Member

I couldn't agree more.