Arizona Hockey Articles

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Dec 27, 2014.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

For me, the saddest moves were....

• Philadelphia Wings to New England
    I think that's it really because that's the only one that directly impacted me. I was too young to "appreciate" or whatever the Nordiques and Whalers moving, and when the Expos moved I didn't really care although I do kind of miss the Jays having a Canadian interleague rival.

2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yeah,... Raiders bothered me a bit although, when I lived in LA, I enjoyed listening to Raiders games. This was just before the Rams went to STL which also was bothersome.

Browns leaving Cleveland becoming the Ravens.... that's just wrong.
    And, yeah - really - Colts to Indy was a sign of the End Times.

Other disturbing franchise moves were the Seahawks and Buccaneers swapping conferences every third Tuesday it seems. And the Astros in the AL is wrong...

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere that you haven't lived?

Also, for some bizarre reason the Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg actually bothered me a little bit. In high school I used to enjoy watching Slava Kozlov play hockey so for a while I was watching Thrashers games somewhat regularly, so I was a little bummed when they were the ones to move to Winnipeg and not a team like Arizona.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Well, of course, but I am also a lot older than you and, believe me, while I've led a rather slowly itinerant life, I'd rather be boring and live in one place which is preferably a stable NLL market and which I can afford.

However, I have been to a lot of places including all 62 counties in New York State (and all 8 counties in Connecticut, but that's not hard), 38 states, and a dozen countries.