Attendance - WTF?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Mr Boo, Apr 25, 2004.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

You, my good man, win the Internet for today. Well played. :cool:

AmericanRockFan and RockStar like this.
  2. Gio

Gio Guest

9k is pretty good! How many do they have now? I had seasons back from 2001-2005 then I started going to Buffalo Bandits games and my friends always want to go to Bandits but never want to go to Rock. It's hard to get someone to go to a Rock game and I agree with someone else on here the marketing needs to be changed up.

You know who has good commercials that wheel you in... Monster Jam.

3. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

The attendance for the feb 3rd game looks very promising. Definitely looks like they will sell out the lower bowl for that one

4. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

COME BACK TO THE ROCK!!!!!!!

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

7,101 fans went home disappointed that the Rock didn't play Shoots and Ladders before the game tonight.

Congrats to 9SQUIRE3 for calling this being the worst attended Rock game in team history, as it just became the worst attended regular season home game of all-time.

RockStar likes this.
  6. AmericanRockFan

In that case, maybe the Rock should play more home games on SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

7. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

Thanks?? looking ahead on ticketmaster the crowds look like they will be much better the rest of the season. The winning will help too! Looking forward to meeting you before the next game.

**** ya they took it to Rochester. This team is looking unstoppable. I hope they keep it up! These guys are playing a complete game and they are young too. This looks like a solid core to win for years to come. Maybe Dawick can wear multiple hats and pull it off....

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

GFY :)

9. AmericanRockFan

Weather permitting, so am I! :D

10. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

next two games:
    27th - good start and considering they have a week to go they will probably get close to 10k
    feb 3rd - looks like they already sold 10k so that should be a good one especially since they have a while to sell this one still

11. AmericanRockFan

I hope they can break 10,000 on Saturday, but looking at the chart it looks a little thin in the lower bowl behind the visitors bench (I get the vibe this area isn't heavily populated by season ticket holder since it seems like there's always a bit of avoid here on the seating chart).

12. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

I figured out one of the broken cogs leading to the attendance problem

upload_2018-1-26_12-15-7.png

A $20 upper bowl ticket has $15.25 in service fees!!!!!!
    I would be very bitter paying that. I know that if you call the rock office and order directly through them there are no extra fees, but the general public is not going to know or do that.
    Maybe I am mistaken, but I don't think the services fees are nearly that high for a jay game.

13. AmericanRockFan

There's still some fee when you order from the Rock directly or the box office I believe, but it's nowhere near that high. I think my $29 ticket in the corner last year for my impromptu Ferris Buehler style trip to the game against Georgia last year actually cost me about $35 or so.

But concurred, Ticketmaster fees can go **** themselves. To be honest though, I wonder how many people stay home to avoid Ticketmaster fees when you can just buy them at the box office for way less fees.

In regards to Jays tickets, I'm not sure how much the fees are. I haven't bought directly from the Jays for a single game since 2015, but that was the one time I splurged for really good seats behind home so the fees price didn't faze me :p

14. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

also not sure if the general public knows the fees are less if you buy at the stadium....

15. RockStar

The upper bowl walkup ticket ends up costing you $26 on gameday at the box office.

If you are not afraid of the risks of shopping with the scalpers, you can do far better than that.....but, some of those guys are pirates. Check the date carefully, and make sure you know what a real ticket looks like :D

16. RockStar

Also read that the provincial government is getting ready to rack and cane the management of LiveNation and Ticketmaster for practices such as this.

Seeing as fees for one ticket at a lower cost event can break through the 75% barrier, I hope there are a few lynchings.

17. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Outside of maybe going to a game in Saskatoon, there really is no reason to buy in advance for any NLL game if you don't care where you sit. Almost every team has cheap seats where you could buy those at walk-up and then just move down.

$15 in fees for a $20 ticket is outright robbery but unless government steps in to regulate things, that's what we'll keep getting.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  18. AmericanRockFan

This. In Buffalo, I'll look at the seating map before I leave the house and pick out 2-3 seats that I'd prefer to sit in and then when I get to the arena I'll ask "is the seat in section 210, row 5, seat 7 still available?" or something like that to pick the seat I want and buy it sans fees.

And.... I noticed that they stopped checking tickets in the 200 level at Bandits games, so I oughta just move from the 300s down to the 200s now instead of just flat out buying a 200 level ticket :cool:

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  19. RockStar

Truthfully, it is robbery for any ticket, but, there is less sting if you are talking about a $90 hockey ticket, or a $150 concert ticket, or whatever.

The last charge, the order processing fee would also lose some of its sting, percentagewise, if it were spread over more than one ticket, or tacked onto an expensive ticket.

I hope there is a special Hell waiting for the executives and founders of LiveNation and Ticketmaster

20. AmericanRockFan

Ultimately paid $27 for my upper deck seat today. Let me know where you wanna meet if you see this before you leave. My "date" and I will be entering the arena at around 6:30.