1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Attendance - WTF?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Mr Boo, Apr 25, 2004.

1. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

only 8 pairs of tickets left in the lower bowl!

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Is there some sort of sick ticket deal?? They could be partying like it's 2009 at the game tonight with this crowd!

3. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

Not that I know of. Last game to use vouchers if you are a season ticket holder, but that would be the case for the last game every season so I don't think that explains it.

Maybe they got Rabil to come out ;-)

4. AmericanRockFan

Too bad Ticketmaster doesn't give you specific numbers when it comes to seats left in the upper deck. There's quite a few upper bowl sections with "100+ seats" left but I'm not about to go counting each dot. It looks like there's a chance this breaks 11,000. Right now I'll put my estimate at 10,600ish.

What I do know for a fact is that as of right now, 2:37pm, there's only 194 lower bowl seats left for tonight :D

Fortunately for the Rock, there's no Raptors or Leafs to compete with on tv tonight.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

12600 announced, and believable

treated to a great first half and then the Manning-Sawyer second half offence.

6. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch much since the flyers decided to finally join the playoffs last night but built large lead chased vino then let Rochesterbs I in 2/2 pp 2 shg

11,463 announced

7. RockStar

You're right about the announced, I must have been tipsy by that point.

8. RES74

RES74 Guest

Seasons ticket holders in the upper bowl were given a free upgrade to lower bowl seats.

9. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

So this was my first trip up to Toronto since passports became required. I absolutely love Toronto as a city, but I gotta say I was less than impressed with the ACC. I don't know why, but I assumed it would be a little bit... "grander"? Honestly I gotta say I prefer First Niagara Center. As for the Rock fans, they were great. Many came up and congratulated us after the game, and the kids in the first row who spent the whole game verbally abusing me was exactly what I expect/want out of a box lacrosse game lol. All in all a really solid time, and I'd definitely make the trip again for an important Hawks game.

10. RockStar

ACC is now over 20 years old and has not had a major facelift since opening.....just a few half-ass additions.

bit of the shine has worn off.

i like it better than KeyBank, except for the 200 club level thing.....200 level in Toronto is all private boxes which I rarely get to experience. In Buffalo, there's this awesome luxury lower bowl experience that is quite accessible.....can usually find a pair on StubHub around $50 for Bandits

11. AmericanRockFan

I concur. I'll take the ACC over the KeyBank Center any day, although I do feel like the hallways in the ACC are a little on the narrow side, and some of the bathrooms are pretty small as well.

12. RockStar

You don't know Toronto arena hardship unless you experienced MLG - built on the cheap during the great depression, seats that could only be comfortable for someone 5'5" / 28" waist or smaller, a vertigo inducing steepness on the upper ends like few other rinks, and, completely insufficient walkways.

If you needed to hit the head, there were small men's rooms at each corner of each level, each quartet serving two complete levels of seating. Also, the crowded horse-trough urinals meant that you had to hang out with a bunch of pricks to get any business done. :D

Lord help you if you were a lady.....in the 1930s, they didn't get out to the types of events at the rink very often, and, I think there were maybe two tiny rooms on each level. At concerts the lineups were astounding......really had to feel sorry for any of the fairer sex that liked a few beers with their show.

13. RockStar

(still, watched a lot of great hockey games there from the early 90s until the place was mothballed, and, it was THE venue for the biggest concerts outside of summer season......Feels like yesterday I was skipping school due to heading into the core for 6am to line up at the box office for the likes of Iron Maiden and Metallica....back when such anarchy was still permitted.)

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Me too. KeyBank Center is getting bad, especially the bathrooms. The seats in the ends are too narrow and the concourse is starting to show its age. The Pegulas are looking into what it would cost to upgrade the arena and if they want to keep attracting big time events like NCAA tourneys and concerts, upgrades are going to be needed.

15. AmericanRockFan

One thing I really appreciate about the KeyBank Center is the 200 level. The seats up there are actually nice and wide by stadium/arena standards...so much so that myself, a 6'2" athletic male, can actually comfortably sit in one of those seats Indian style. I kinda wish the ACC would take a note of the Harbor Club and incorporate that sort of thing into the Air Canada Club seats, which has a nice private bar.

Meanwhile, the seats in the 100 level corners are ridiculously narrow. I'm not a fat wide person by any stretch and I can barely get out of those seats without moment getting stuck in between the arm rests.

16. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Wells Fargo center, best venue in nll

17. AmericanRockFan

I never even realized these weren't the norm at stadiums until I was older because I got so used to using one at Rich Stadium as a kid.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  18. AmericanRockFan

My least favorite public bathrooms at the ones at Coca-Cola Field. They're like toilets without the seats, which is fine if you don't mind standing awkwardly far from the urinal....