Attendance?

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by winger, Nov 25, 2001.

1. winger

winger New Member

What was the attendance at the game?

2. Double Blue

Double Blue Banned

A little under 6,000 paid. Many people left at half and during the third. Why I have no idea. Game did drag way to many power plays and the high stick rule has go to go. Three lead changes came on the the three highsticking power plays. All three the team on the power play scored 2.

3. Wing Eater

Wing Eater Active Member

The high stick rule is great. The NLL is sick of seeing hits to the head so they said any high stick is 5 min. If the NHL did that all the McSorely crap would have ended years ago, instead we have to watch the same crap over and over. Cudos to the NLL for having a little balls!

4. Ivo

Ivo New Member

Bad comparison for a few reasons, there wing eater;

- in lacrosse the ball and stick are usually up by the head so to check someone the head easily gets in the way, and accidents happen. while in hockey the puck and stick are usually on the ice

-lacrosse players are required to wear face masks

there are some other reasons but i think i made my point

i am not against high sticking penalties, just against them being 5 minitues long

5. laxinator

laxinator New Member

SIMPLE...THIS IS BUFFALO...WIN OR PLAY IN AN EMPTY HOUSE!! ALSO, REMEMBER AT THE AUD THE LARGE NUMBER OF NATIVE AMERICANS WHO CAUGHT THE GAME?? MOST OF THEM OWNED NUMEROUS SEASON TICKETS. I KNOW A FEW OF THEM, AND THIER FEELING WAS THAT THE BANDITS WERE HOSED A FEW TIMES BY THE OFFICIALS TO ALLOW A NEW CHAMPION AND STOKE MORE INTEREST IN THAT COMMUNITY. AFTER BARTLEY LEFT, HE BOUGHT TORONTO CHAMPIONSHIPS AND HOSED BUFFALO.

BUT...IF BUFFLAO PLAYS "BALLS TO THE WALL" THEY CAN BE CHAMPS AGAIN!

6. toros_00

toros_00 Moderator

I agree with you Laxinator.

Well just talking about the Bandits attendance on the message board is not going to make things any better.

How bout us Banditfans make a letter, then e-mail it to Gary Dunlop (Public Relations) and Kurt Silcott(GM). Maybe we could say in the letter, that our marketing is not very good right now.

ex: If the Buffalo Bandits win a game, the word will never get out or it will be mentioned once @ the 11 0'clock news that night with one little highlight.

We should notify them, and try to get some better marketing.

Anyone agree?????

LETS GO BANDITS