Attendance..

Discussion in 'Arizona Sting Forum' started by AzStingFan311, Jun 6, 2008.

1. AzStingFan311

AzStingFan311 New Member

I heard grumblings that Coyotes brass actually believe that the Sting were pulling attendance away from the bottom of the basement NHL team. You could put everyone at a Sting game into a Coyotes game and the Coyotes will still suck. At least they only needed to average another 3k or so at a Sting game to make them a contender.

On another note, I would wager a large sum of money that the NLL will be back in Phoenix in the next few years.

2. Delster

Delster New Member

LOL. So what's their excuse for this past season, I wonder.

3. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

I'm sure they will find someone othr than themselfs to blame.

4. Rabid Camel

Rabid Camel New Member

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/433906

"The most interesting league data may concern the sad-sack Coyotes, who were last in ticket revenue at $450,000. The team is losing more than $30 million a season and was contacted over the past season by six potential buyers, including Balsillie's lawyer, Richard Rodier."

http://mvn.com/nhl-coyotes/2008/06/03/coyotes-lose-30-million-will-they-stay-in-phoenix/

"It has been a rough week for the Phoenix Coyotes. First comes news that they lose the rights to 2004 first round pick Blake Wheeler and now we find out the club lost $30 million during the 2007-08 season. The Toronto Star uncovered a “secret document” that revealed the gate receipts of the 30 NHL franchises and surprise, the Coyotes came in dead-last with a projected operating loss of $30 million. "

"One report in the Toronto Star said that Basillie had the Coyotes on his target list but the team’s lease with the city of Glendale is a potential deal-breaker. If the Coyotes are indeed losing $30 million a year then that lease is absolutely the only thing keeping them in Phoenix. Well, that and the fact that NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman along with hockey’s best known emissary, Wayne Gretzky, would lose a tremendous amount of face if the team returned to Canada. Of course how long can a team continue to lose $30 million a year and stay in business? "

5. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

move their asses back to winnipeg and then we'll for sure have a lacrosse team their.

6. Dawson6Rules

Dawson6Rules New Member

LMAO I'll take that bet! This league won't even be around in the next few years!!!

7. Delster

Delster New Member

:blabla:

Since you're so pessimistic about this league why are you posting here?

8. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

I have to say, the league's credibility is not much higher than the Coyotes management's.

9. Fetter

Fetter Active Member

At least it's got potential. Unlike anything in Phoenix.

10. Delster

Delster New Member

Yeah, 'cause North Tonawanda is a hotbed. I spent 30 years in NY and have only been here 9, but saying that Phoenix has no potential is incorrect. They have plenty of potential, if they can get the leaders to do something right :eek:.

11. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove the doubt.

There is a ton of potential in Phoenix, many times more over than in the Buffalo metro area. I was in Buffalo last Spring. What a dirty smelly nothing of a town. If it wasn't for Niagara Falls it probably wouldn't even exist.

12. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

The underlined is an excellent example of illustrating the bolded.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
  13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

We've been hearing that for over 20 years. Please, let me quote you: "Get Real!"

14. Bandits37

Bandits37 Member

Such insecurity to bash another city like that. REAL big cities like Boston and New York don't bother with that, they keep it on sports. BTW how're the Cardinals doin? :D Buffalo just wasn't your cup of tea so you find it necessary to bash it? Just sad man
    ________
    BBW Cams

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  15. BfloGeno

BfloGeno Guest

And where are you FROM?

You are 55 years old, I know you were not born in Phoenix cause I think it was still just a desert when you came into this world. or maybe you were born there and your parents left you in the desert for the coyotes but you were rescued by traveling gypsies????

16. Bandits37

Bandits37 Member

He's 55? What is he peter pan and doesn't wanna grow up. What kinda sad 60 year old man sits on a msg board insulting people:rotfl:
    ________
    VAPORIZER HOMEMADE SOLDERING IRON

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  17. The_Philster

The_Philster New Member

No kidding :rotfl:
    A smart person would've defended his city and left it at that...

18. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

I don't know where you were in Buffalo but I was there THIS spring and couldn't have enjoyed the town and the people more. I thought it was adorable. I happily admitted in the Buffalo forum, after my return, that I misjudged them and their city.

What I find funny is that you would be dissing Buffalo (a vibrant college town from what I saw) when you are in the AZ forum and my impression of the "city" part Phoenix was something akin to LA's South Central. Down by the Hard Rock was about as nice as it got.

19. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I imagine global warming is going to be a real b!tch in Phoenix. 130 degrees not warm enough for you??

And I bet Lake Erie is going to look real good in a few years as your water sources continue to dry up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
  20. boozinjedi

boozinjedi New Member

Thanks Chuck on that last one,we got most likely in the great lakes,(and I'm sure someone here is gonna check on this..)probably the world's largest collection/supply,etc.. of fresh water,Ask the drought-stricken southern parts of the US how their water suppiles are doing??