Attendance....

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Vin

Vin Active Member

It's absolutely criminal how the Atlanta Journal Constitution doesn't respect this team.
    Ironically, they do report on high school lacrosse scores, but, other than that, they don't bother with lacrosse at all.
    Makes me wonder if football and the SEC ever fade away into the annals of history, what are those people going to do then? Revert to their last big sporting event of stringing up n*ggers?

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

While a contest and not really a sport, NASCAR will keep them busy...

3. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

I'm not surprised at all they don't really report on it. As much as I'd love lacrosse to get more press, how many clicks are they getting from sending a reporter out to cover the game? Not worth the salary of the reporter is my guess. In a city where the paper already has to cover the Falcons, Hawks, Braves, Atlanta United (they have gotten great attendance already), Georgia and Georgia Tech football and basketball and the entire SEC (their SEC Country subsite is very popular) why would you cover a lacrosse team that plays in a dinky stadium in a suburb? You only have so many reporters on staff.

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The NLL is a 3rd tier sport so it's no surprise the Atlanta Journal Constitution doesn't cover the Swarm.

What's REALLY criminal is how the Rochester D&C doesn't cover the Hawks and there is way less going on sports-wise in Rochester than in Atlanta.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The D&C really doesn't cover anything anymore. They don't even send a reporter to Amerks or Red Wings games. They're thing nowadays is to write a big article at the beginning of the season to give you a preview of what to expect that season...and then it's up for you to dig and find other sources to get info once the season starts if you're really eager to know what's going on.

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

The way they started throwing the Amerks into the one Buffalo ads I am guessing the D&C will have no coverage of the Amerks soon

7. Vin

Vin Active Member

I think the D&C may be a bit concerned that there may not be a D&C in another decade.

8. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

There really already isn't, seems like they get more coverage from the Buffalo News than Rochester's own D&C, it's sad.

9. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Even though the Stealth, a Vancouver sports team, is in the playoffs. You wouldn't know it from the lack of coverage on TV or the newspapers around here.

The lack of respect that lacrosse gets here, a hotbed for the sport, never ceases to amaze me.

10. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Lacrosse is still very much a second tier and in some cases a third tier sport to the media.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

True, but I'd think in a market like Vancouver (and most Canadian markets), lacrosse, which is supposed to be the nation's national sport, would get more coverage than a sport such as curling. Or at least be on par with it.

12. unspoken

unspoken Member

Especially since the Canucks didn't make the playoffs and the Lions season hasn't started yet.

smurf666 likes this.
  13. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

lacrosse is not even on the same planet in terms of participation and interest......and curling is Nationwide, not just Southwest BC and Southern Ontario.

14. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I'm hoping that the stealth win the championship and the Canucks offer to buy them and market the champions like crazy. Then the stealth plays downtown in a real arena and get good attendance..... How often do Disney stories come true?

smurf666 likes this.