B/R Live = Sucks

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Unf*cking believable that it craps out at critical times during the game despite my excellent signal strength.

Missed the opening face-off.
    Some freakish yellow screen disaster.
    Blown feed before returning from half-time.
    Missed penalty shot. MISSED PENALTY SHOT!

I paid f*cking $40 for this!

RockStar and brews like this.
  2. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I went for the $8 per month deal. Great picture, but the feed has dropped about 6 times; also have had the spinning circle numerous times, causing me to refresh the page. Watching on my desktop.

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

God I hate living in technologically immature times.
    This reminds me so much of the adage in the aviation industry "FAA rules are written in blood." because so many people need to suffer while the industry gets its head out of its ass and gets its shït together.

4. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

lololol my kid can run a flawless jr hockey game by stream but these asshats still can't get it right after supposedly chucking a few hundred thou at the issue.

5. brews

brews Guest

LOL, the yellow screen crap was hilarious.... Just awful connection dropping crap, glad I haven't paid for it.... Yet.... Lol

6. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I started the game using Chromecast and thought the yellow screen was from shitty wifi. Haven't had an issue since i switched to my living room comp with hard line , either way I'll be impressed with br if the quality is as good for the Georgia game

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I will say that the quality of the stream is good, but the reliability needs improvement.

I had the game going on two different Chromebooks: An HP-14 (hp 14-q070nr) that I purchased in 2014 and an Acer Chromebook Spin 15 that I purchased over the summer. The image difference is night and day. The game is not tolerable on the HP-14 because of the lousy resolution, but the Acer has good resolution. Makes me wonder if I should get another machine just for watching games.

8. brews

brews Guest

Maybe a cheap chrome book or something would work well? I'm streaming on my phone (essential phone) and casting it to my tv, quality drops every few min, annoying but not too bad

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

So, how many goals did you miss because of blown feeds?

This 4th Quarter has been atrocious. BUF up by 2 with a Major in hand yet PHI gets 2 goals that I missed because of blown feeds and now the game is tied... Although, now I can't tell because I have yet again another blown feed with 4 min or so left.

10. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

I kept getting disconnected after 30 seconds and bailed.

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

"Uh oh.
    Connection loss detected,
    playback stopped and reset."​

I'm putting that on my f*cking tombstone - that way, maybe I won't die.

12. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

It's terrible. I kept getting "connection loss detected" and then it would default back to mute every time it reset. Glad I paid $0.00

13. liveone

liveone Active Member

Zero issues here besides the yellow screen thing in the 1st. Not one dropout, lost connection, or buffering stutter. Picture quality has been perfect the entire game.

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I only saw the 4th quarter but the feed did freeze on me twice to where I had to refresh the browser screen to get it back. Streaming from my iMac via Chrome to Chromecast on my TV.

I'll try the later games from my Android phone and the BR app to see how that works out.

Picture was good, though.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

The last 30 seconds of the game took, what, 15 minutes? And I got to see 0 seconds of it because of the feeds.

I laud the Commissioner for going the route of streaming. B/R Live will be good at some point because there is money behind it since it is owned by Turner.

Yet, I really wish there was a 100% dedicated Lacrosse Network. If the Big 4 can get it done and we have people who are Big 4 caliber owners in the NLL, we should be able to get a network. Furthermore, get other leagues involved or even the NCAA. There is enough lacrosse year round and money available to help make it viable with first class broadcasting, streaming, and apps.

16. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

I had only 1-2 small issues via Roku that were resolved. Quickly, clarity was great. A step in the right direction IMO.

17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

What magic devices are you using that you seem to be relatively immune to this 4 Quarter raping?

18. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

I had no issues on my end as I came into the game at the 2nd half. We'll see how it goes with the Warriors/Necks game tonight.

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the two games tonight and hope things will be better. The BUF@PHI game started so well and the feed was acceptably reliable for so long, but that 4th Quarter has taught me that now I know what it feels like as a woman to get f*cked and not enjoy it when the thing f*cking me finishes early before I can "get off".

20. liveone

liveone Active Member

Roku.

I'm using Comcast in CT and had no issue. I called a friend in RI on Cox with a PC and and family member in Syracuse on Spectrum with a Roku and both said they didn't have a single problem except for the yellow screen.