Back for 2014?

Discussion in 'Boston Blazers Forum' started by Wings-4-Life, May 31, 2012.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i'm not coughing up ddd

3. Niknak

Niknak Active Member

They're just holding out a year to make sure they can get the first pick instead of the Swarm. heh

4. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Kind of weird that they are going in for 2014 instead of 2013... I'm just hoping there is a 2013 show at this point. Hope it all works out. Too bad they had to lose out on that roster though, they had some real nice players.

5. ozzgift

ozzgift New Member

i am sure the pending CBA issue is why they are holding off for the 2013 season, but the fact the league gave them a extension is a good sign

6. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

I just want a team back. Even if we have to wait an extra year, I'll be really pleased if we get one.

7. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

So how does this work? Do they pull an Arizona, and take all of their players back? Does the league have another expansion draft? What about their spot in the entry draft? Suspending operations is bad for the league in so many different ways.

8. InLaxWeTrust

InLaxWeTrust New Member

I would guess an expansion draft.

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Stay dead already
    or buy washington and move them east NLL does not need 10 teams. Get 9 stable then work on 10

10. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

It says expansion draft in the article.

11. JCJarhead

JCJarhead New Member

2014? Thanks for nothing...

While I want to be optimistic about this....another year of "dormancy" will not help build the fan base. This is a weak stream at best. If the Bruins aren't interested....we're cooked. And I take it they are not since they have had a year now to look and learn?

I do not think this is a positive development so much as delyaing the inevtiable. I sincerely hope I am wrong. I miss DDD and I know we aren't getting him back.

And the whole CBA point makes sense. Does the PLPA really think they have leverage with a league in a state such as this one? Pretty goofy stuff. If mighty IMG was so great...they would have lined up a buyer of this alleged undervalued property and got a better tv deal than CBS whatever it is that no one has? I find myself in the unenviable position of agreeing with MTBF?!?!

2013 or never!

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

If I were the PLPA, I would aim for a "cost of living" increase for rookies and veteran role players and little else.......Anything more at this point, is going to force the ownership group to dig in their heels.

13. Niknak

Niknak Active Member

Considering the ownership wants to revert back to the 2008 payscale -which works out to being about a 20% cut in pay- I think even hoping for ANY increase at all is a pipe dream.

Hopefully Boston is part of the CBA stuff as they clearly have very first-hand data on the ownership's financial struggles.

14. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Players should call their bluff let the NLL fold another league will spring up.

15. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

When this league goes belly-up, who will buy into another professional indoor league? The owners, as it stands now, aren't exactly making a ton of money. If the league folds, then what? Who buys into something that has failed twice?

16. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Buffalo, Colorado, Toronto, and Rochester owners will only need one or maybe two more to make a league

17. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

And immediately be sued by the PLPA. The teams would continue, which would make the new league have the appearance that it was folded simply to cease negotiating with the PLPA. The new league will be tied up in labor-law litigation, and the players will refuse to play for less than they are making now.

So...who again buys into a sinking ship?

18. saugin

saugin New Member

See my post for NY. I believe with a little effort Detroit would succeed like Buffalo.

19. kaotik29

kaotik29 New Member

Move Washington to Vancouver, bring Boston back and stabilize each division at 5 teams before expanding with 2 more teams (expand in an East-West pair or West-West pair with Minnesota moving east to keep balance in the division sizes).

20. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So obviously nothing came from this :(