Bandits Acquire Ethan O'Connor from Georgia

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

2. fandit

fandit Active Member

Seems like a lot of righties on defense........
    Priolo, Brownell, Weiss, Hoggarth, Steenhuis, Acton, Gilray, O' Connor , O'Brien, Spangler, Bridle and Tamas. And England may be moved there as well.
    I sense a retirement announcement soon..........

3. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Good pickup for the Bandits.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I haven't really noticed O'Connor much since he was a Rock prospect, but, with a D/T role player, NOT noticing the guy is actually not a bad thing......unless these guys score, you only notice them when they take a penalty or get caught flatfooted before a goal.

Just glancing quickly at the list of righty D/T guys, my gut is that that he's as good or better than half of them.

5. fandit

fandit Active Member

Which means he be in Halifax next season..............

6. LordStanley1893

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Nope, England is not playing this year -- https://twitter.com/NLLBandits/status/1057678533940666369

Steve Bermel says that he's heard the injury may have ended England's career -- https://twitter.com/SteveBermel/status/1057686988688625664. Assuming this is the detached retina injury he sustained in a fight last year and not something else.

8. LordStanley1893

Very sad news about Craig, I hope he makes a 100% recovery. Unfortunate about Acton as well, I thought he was really coming into his own towards the end of the year. That is two more spots that will be open. This pretty much guarantees Fraser the third righty spot. Bridle, Molloy and Boushy battling for the 4th righty spot, need to find someone who can do the dirty work that England put in.

9. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

If that injury is the result of the fight and it ends his career, it shows the foolishness of fighting (entertaining, but foolish). A career ending injury from a meaningless fight is a shame. I think England was voted "teammate of the year" by the players last year.

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

No more meaningless than tearing acl on the carpet monster, being hit from behind off the ball into the boards, or some injury in practice, it is all part of the game

It also looks like every signing the Bandits have had since August 2018 are void so that adds an interesting wrinkle to the roster.

RockStar likes this.
  11. chuckster

The only signings since Aug. 1 have been Dylan Malloy and Dallas Bridle. I don't see anything about this year's draft picks being signed -- Gilray, MacKay or Shanahan.

Matthew Bennett was signed as of July 31.

Ethan O'Connor was acquired in a trade but I don't see anything about when the Swarm signed him and for how long it was.

12. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Tearing an ACL on the carpet monster is a freak accident that happens in the course of play; being hit from behind means you're a victim of someone else's dirty/questionable play. Receiving an eye injury from fighting in a game is totally avoidable. That's why it's foolish when players get hurt in fights.

13. RockStar

You know, if it happened in a fight, it was probably a few plays from happening in the rest of this full contact sport.

14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

A torn retina though? I don't know how common that injury is going to be in a sport where the players wear cages unless they've lost their helmet.

15. RockStar

I am not an expert on this, but, I thought detached retinas (retinae?) were generally shaken loose by contact. Know a couple non-fighters who have had bouts with this.

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

You could be right. I just figured that England took a fist to the eye in a fight.

17. chuckster

That injury was a direct result of the last fight he was in....for the Bandits. Again, I don't know for sure if that is the injury but the games he missed last year were after that fight and that was the stated injury that he had at the time. I don't know if he played summer ball this past summer.

18. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I got one from a soccer ball to the head. Its the force of the contact not the area hit. Any hit that causes enough force in the head can lead to that injury. Similar to a concussion the helmet does not protect you.

wacklax likes this.