1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandits at Rush Viewing Party Fri Jan 19th 8:30p

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Tavares is God, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Tavares is God

Tavares is God Active Member

Place:
    Longneckers
    3587 Walden Ave, Lancaster , New York 14086
    $2 Bud Lights $2 Fireball Whisky shots. Game will have sound.
    21 and over bar.
    I can bring the laptop, but my HDMI cable isn't the best, so if anyone has a good one, can you bring it?

[​IMG]

2. Komarem

Komarem Guest

Couldn’t be any closer to where I live

Tavares is God likes this.
  3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I'm not a lawyer and I hate to be a killjoy but if you are logging in with your personal credentials to do this, you might be violating the terms of service for NLLTV. Be careful.....there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Nick Sakiewicz, and his under-sheriff is Scott Loffler.

6. Subscription Services.
    ....."You may not assist anyone else in accessing Subscription Services on an unauthorized basis, including by sharing, selling, publicly offering, or offering to sell your access credentials or providing any content or other materials that you obtained through Subscription Services to third parties or otherwise in violation of these Terms."

8. Intellectual Property.
    ......."Unless expressly permitted by an authorized person in writing or as permitted by applicable law, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, or in any way use or exploit any part of the NLL Content."

4. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

The game is the twitter game of the week isn't it. So as long as you have a laptop and set it to the twitter live coverage, technically you won't be breaking any of the rules.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I was gonna be a wise ass and say what Chuckster said. I hope the proper expressed written consent has been granted or else the NLLPD might shut this party down! :mad:

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't realize that it's Twitter. Still, there might be rules about public display of the game, even on Twitter and the NLLPD may have a say in that. Or you could give a big FU to them and do it anyway. No skin off my back. :p

7. AmericanRockFan

I hope this BenMitchell guy doesn't tattle on the bar for showing the game instead of everyone buying their own NLLTV accounts :eek:

Wings-4-Life and RockStar like this.
  8. Tavares is God

For #6/#8, I got permission from a friend to use her account via a FB message, so that is "in writing" so she "authorized" us to use it lol. We are not sharing it, only using it in one place, nor selling anything. No "entrance fees" are being collected. Nothing is happening with any third parties.
    We are also not doing anything to NLL stuff into any database.

I am not a lawyer either lol. I am just a fan trying to gather with other fans to watch and support the team, the league, and the game. #GrowTheGame. If the NLL wants to shut down a small gathering of fans, then that will be a black eye to what we are trying to accomplish in growing the sport, league, and game, especially for our team's road games that are farther away than Tor and Roch.
    If I remember correctly, 716 has shown games in the past, and that establishment is owned by the same group that owns the Sabres/Bandits.
    I hope NLLPD doesn't do anything, the feed is good, the Bandits win, there is a decent turnout, and everyone has fun with no problems.

9. AmericanRockFan

Personally, I'm just teasing. If someone from the NLL actually has an issue with any of this then someone in that office needs to get laid.

Tavares is God likes this.
  10. Tavares is God

Hey. You never know what pro leagues have in mind for shutting down fun lol. The NFL shut down the local Drive In Movie Theater from showing Bills games on there FOR NO PROFIT mind you, for charity. That is a big business though and the No Fun League. I do like how they are allowing more TD celebrations now.

It is the Twitter's game of the week. Does anyone know if you have to have a twitter account to see the game or can you just click on the link on the NLL's website? Currently it says error 404. Does that usually happen until the feed is ready close to the game? Or do you have to go to twitter and find the NLL, then see if there is a link up, or have to search it on there. I would like to use the twitter feed for the game to be the primary feed and use the NLLTV one as a back up.

11. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

This is exactly what the league should do, stop people from watching it/raising awareness by actually having it on in a sports bar.

RockStar likes this.
  12. AmericanRockFan

I think you can watch without a Twitter account, but if you can't you might as well just make one quickly to be your "NLL account." Or I'm sure someone there HAS to have a Twitter account that they can sign in with...as long as they remember to sign out on your laptop so you don't hijack their account later :p

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

https://sceneclip.com/clip/MZa4T94

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

My thoughts on how the NLL should handle this:

if there are fans who are willing to band together publicly, and, endure the scorn + ridicule of other sportsfan types for their league not even being able to get their product shown by The Ocho.......well, the league should allow this to happen. Maybe the quality of the camera work:p, scene selection:D, and commentary :) will bring them around.

I will concur - if this shuts down, we should take up a collection and retain a pro to get the guy laid.

15. AmericanRockFan

Any truth to the rumor that the NLLPD shut this **** down and made everyone who was there sign a hush clause so they wouldn't disclose what their punishment was and that they all had their NLLTV accounts revoked?? o_O