Bandits trade for Cloutier

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by BanditsRock11, Feb 6, 2019.

1. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

From Philly for a 2021 1st and Ryan Wagner.

Can’t say I saw this coming. I like it, Wagner was just another guy, Cloutier was the second overall pick and is a big crafty body. The Bandits have two firsts in 2021 I believe as well.

Cloutier is a lefty, Byrne might be out a bit longer. He’s averaging 3.5 points a game.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

So the left side of the O is now Josh Byrne, Corey Small, Jordan Durston and Chris Cloutier. I can definitely live with that.

But it makes me wonder why the Wings moved him and if Byrne's injury is serious. Or if there's another move coming by the Bandits because if there isn't, there are some really tough choices to make of who to expose in the next expansion draft.

3. Banditsfan80

Banditsfan80 Guest

This gives the team more depth at lefty forward and gives Byrne the time off to rest or fill in for the rest of the season depending on his injury. Bonus that Philadelphia was sending alot of offense his way with around 50 shots in seven games. Now it depends on how he adjusts into the lineup and his new role as either playmaker or scorer.

4. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

Wow..he was the number 2 pick in the draft. That’s a great move for a number 1 pick that may not be as high in the future with expansion. However you use him on the team, it seems like an excellent addition.

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The number 2 pick in a 1 man draft
    Enjoy playing Transitional d every time he shoots

6. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Maybe he didn't want to play for the Wings so he played like s*** to get traded to some other team.

7. Bandits37

Bandits37 Active Member

As a number 5 option (behind Hoggarth) for a guy we're not using and hopefully a hopefully late 1st pick this works for me, just get this man a nutritionist.

As for him shooting to much I doubt that'll be an issue here. He pulls that garbage and he sits simple as that.

8. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I don’t see how picking up a player that was the consensus #2 pick in the most recent draft can be anything less than a positive. Maybe he came in out of shape in Philly, but at worse he’s depth and at best there could be a lot of upside.

9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

he will have better wingmates in Buffalo, so, maybe the shots are a bit cleaner and from a foot and a half closer there.

Still if he misses those howitzers, he's not going to beat a mobile d man to the rebound, and it's a helluva long change for lefties in the 1st and 3rd in Buffalo.....

we'll see. Buffalo needs a guy now and all they gave up was a promise later.....i am betting this one works in their favour.

10. mightymouth

mightymouth Active Member

The wings got fleeced. There had to be a locker room issue. Only way this makes sense.

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Thats not a moon

MrWilson and IAmDroot like this.
  12. chuckster

Out of shape is fixable. If the kid has good hands and some of things you can't teach, being out of shape is one that can be addressed. If this was a continual problem for him, he wouldn't have gone #2 in the draft.

I'm not worried and I look forward to seeing what he can do with the same expectations I have of any rookie that comes in. Buffalo gave up a guy in a position where they have depth and a 1st round pick in 2 years where they already had 2 of them.

toolytay likes this.
  13. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Is this April 1st? o_O 'Cause it can't be real, can it? This is shocking and awesome.
    Only downside will be the upcoming expansion draft. Way too many forwards to protect. But until then, it will be awesome to watch! :cool:

14. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Or traveling to Philly became a problem...........

15. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Use a first round pick on a dude. Trade him for a first round pick, and a defender. Since the Wings have the worst D in the league, I don't see how they got fleeced.

IAmDroot likes this.
  16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

The "this year" return for this year's first round pick is a role player / depth D.

That kinda sucks.

17. chuckster

And if Day is still GM for the 2021 draft, how much confidence could Wings fans have that he will get that one right when he whiffed on the #2 overall pick this year?

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Paul Day sucks the big skin banana.

Imagine if the Wings won the coin toss and took Austin Staats....

19. mightymouth

He moved here for the season.

20. mightymouth

That really sucks!

This entire trade was ridiculous!

Meet the new Wings, same as the old Wings getting ripped off with each trade they make and crippling the team for years!