Bandits trade for Cloutier

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by BanditsRock11, Feb 6, 2019.

1. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

A few things......
    Shawn Evans signed a 3 year deal the year we acquired him. Chugger pointed it out as part of the trade. (Crawford was an UFA). That means one more year.
    Fraser was listed as a transition player at the start of the year. Don't think it means much, but that's what it is.
    With Rochester being a PSE property, Some of the forwards we lose will be helping make a better Rochester product. Which is a "big picture" win for PSE and means the Bandits will have a deal in place for who goes to Rochester. If they swing a deal with NY, like they did with Philly last season, they may even have full control over who goes. It could even be a Knighthawks pick that goes to NY, to guarantee it.
    So, yes, the Bandits will lose guys. But probably only the one's they choose to send to Bandits' 2.0, Bandithawks or KnightBandits.
    Lastly, if the rumored tension between Shawn and Dhane (more accurately Shawn towards Dhane) are true, moving Shawn back to Rochester would make a ton of sense.

2. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

This is the first I've heard of this. Where is this from?

3. 1sttimelongtime

1sttimelongtime Active Member

....when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor....Germans???.......Forget it he's rolling

4. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="fandit, post: 3860626, member: 105754" Which is a "big picture" win for PSE and means the Bandits will have a deal in place for who goes to Rochester.][/QUOTE]
    Unless the NLL has cut down on its integrity in recent years it is almost impossible for players or staff to move from one owned franchised to another. I do not believe there was any player movement between the Brad Waters owned franchises.

If the league has any integrity NY should pick twice from Buffalo and Rochester should get a random draw of one of NY's other picks.

5. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Yes, please elaborate.

6. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Unless the NLL has cut down on its integrity in recent years it is almost impossible for players or staff to move from one owned franchised to another. I do not believe there was any player movement between the Brad Waters owned franchises.

If the league has any integrity NY should pick twice from Buffalo and Rochester should get a random draw of one of NY's other picks.[/QUOTE]

I meant a deal in place with players currently here. Like "hey, Corey, would you OK with playing in Rochester?"

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I thought the Watters/Gongas teams had rules of "no roster movement between teams without league approval"

8. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's still in place. Any Bandits/Bandithawks deals would need approval. But an expansion draft is is already "certified" by the league. So the Bandits can talk to their players about moving. They can also talk to the Bandithawks and NY about the protected list. Just as the Bandits did last year with Philly to keep them from taking Chase Fraser. It would all be legit, just better communication between the front offices of two teams owned by the same Corporation.

9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

He's on a roll. Get it right!

1sttimelongtime likes this.