Bandits trade Ryan Benesch to Colorado for Callum Crawford and Alex Buque

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Torbald2895, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

2. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I like it. It's bold, it's what I've been begging for. Love Crawford. Buque seems to run hot and cold, but he's young and could still develop into a solid #1. He and Big Fish will battle it out. I think Buque quickly be a fan fav. Chugger prob sees a lot of himself in Buque. They are identically built.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

.......wasn't Ryan Benesch a UFA according to the NLL website? Anyways, quite a deal for the Bandits. I don't know a ton about Buque, but Crawford is an excellent addition.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

Crawford's health is key to the trade. he is a top floor general in the nll.

5. AmericanRockFan

On paper right now, I think the Bandits win this trade. They just got a top notch scorer who, statistically speaking, is better than the one they shipped out AND they got a young netminder on top of it? Great deal for Buffalo as it stands right now.

6. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

Wonder what the conditional pick is and what the condition behind it is.

7. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I'm guessing a high pick because the trade seems lopsided in Buffalo's favor otherwise. To me if it was just Benesch for Crawford, that's a slight edge for Buffalo. But, getting Buque really tilts it in Buffalo's favor.

8. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I love this trade, Benny is getting older and is slow. We have no goalie. I'm a big Crawford fan. This is good.

9. AmericanRockFan

I wouldn't be shocked if the conditional pick is based on how much playing time Buque gets or on how well he plays (i.e., if he leads the league in SPCT or GAA or something) or how far the Bandits advance in 2018. Otherwise, I can't really imagine what else would be fair because otherwise this trade is overwhelmingly in the Bandits' favor.

10. AmericanRockFan

Well for what it's worth, Crawford is two months older than Benesch.

RockStar likes this.
  11. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Benny looks like he has cinder blocks for sneakers. Crawford still moves really well. The age thing was more slanted at getting a young goalie and moving out an older player. (Though yeah he was replaced with someone the same age, but I think more productive these days)

12. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

13. tydoggz

tydoggz Member

The trade is a start of trying something "new" and a bit of a shake up. We do get another young, unproven goalie to battle out for starters position. Crawford for Benesch is pretty much a wash as both the same age and have produced similar numbers. But new blood in locker room may help. The trade really does nothing if there are not further moves or announcements ahead.

14. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

Crawford is a much better feeder - he may not match benesch goals output but he will add to the bandits' goals output. onus is now on everyone not named dhane smith to get ready for his feeds.

Roughnecks Fan #1 likes this.
  15. AmericanRockFan

Otherwise I do agree with you. I think right now, Crawford is closer to his prime than Benesch is, although I feel a tad awkward referring to a player who was at an 87 point pace as being past his prime.

16. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

I like it. Hopefully there are more moves to come. It would be nice to somehow acquire another 1st rounder this year. Buffalo has 2 next year right now. They're finally getting to the point where they have their own picks after what feels like an eternity. Rochester and Georgia(!) have 3 first round picks each this year.

17. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Never like the trade for Ryan Bandits paid way too much.
    So this trade seems decent Ryan had concussion problems last season and that does not go away it just gets worse as the years go on.

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The NLL site lists Crawford as a righty which, if true, really weakens the left side of the O without Benesch. And right now, it makes Mitch Jones the veteran lefty. But Crawford is a big body and he can open up space for Dhane Smith on the right side. Adding Crawford to the right makes Steenhuis expendable.

Buque is young and his numbers are good and I think he has potential to be a starter. I think this move means Cosmo's time is done in Buffalo.

Chugger better be taking a lefty forward at #1 overall because the left side O will be a big weakness if he doesn't.

19. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

I wonder what happens with Steenhuis and BDS?

20. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They should never trade 2 first rounders for anyone ever again.