Bandits YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I always enjoyed when the Bandits posted the locker room interviews on their Youtube channels after home games. There were usually 4 or 5 clips of players/coaches answering questions from the media.

They no longer do this, but if Scott Loffler sees this, I'd like to request that they please bring those post-game interview clips back.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It looks like they don't get many views compared to the highlights packages. I wonder if they were cut because not many people were watching them or if they lost the person who was shooting and editing them.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I think some Rock videos were lucky to get 100 views. If the Bandits are pulling in similar numbers, then I can understand why they'd stop making them, although that is unfortunate for the handful of true diehards that enjoy watching them.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I can speak for the Rock when I say that they really sucked at linking to youtube videos on other social platforms.

I have them regularly spamming my e-mail with offers for discount walkup tickets and sending a once-per-game insider report, but, that's it. I never see linked video on Facebook even though I 'like' them, and, even though FB's spybots should be pretty clear on the fact that I am hugely into lacrosse as a player, spectator, and everything else.

My only conclusion is that their social media strategy consists of finding a college intern that can BS them into thinking he's an expert.

I think they'd do well to spend a few bucks and get a real social media / advertising coordinator......Cuz if I ain't seeing their stuff, non-attending potential fans certainly ain't seeing it!

5. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

I don't think the Bandits put a ton of effort into the YouTube page. I liked the interviews, but it was let's toss this up there and see what happens very little in the way of linking or promoting the content on other platforms.

The highlight packages for the home games got shorter and shorter last season. With the league doing their own I guess this is less of an issue.

Dave Buchanan on WGR 550 informed me that the audio files of the interview on WGR's site. http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/buffalo-bandits

6. Rick716

Thanks for the link to the WGR interviews. I hope the Bandits start posting those again. It was nice to view them an hour after the home game was over. On a side note, did I hear Budd Bailey's voice in the Mitch Jones interview from 1/13? Is Budd still covering the Bandits in some capacity?

7. LordStanley1893

You're welcome, I didn't listen to ones the ones form 1-13. It would be nice if the Bandits linked to them in some capacity on their social media.

8. Rick716

I noticed the Bandits had lengthy post-game video interviews on their Twitter page with Josh Byrne, Troy, Higgins, and Crawford. Thanks Bandits for posting those!

9. LordStanley1893

Nice I'll have to see if they were put on Facebook as well. I went with the audio versions on WGR.