Baseball triva

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by swami24, Aug 9, 2015.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

good job

2. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Was at that game. Phillies beat the Dodgers (and Hideo Nomo). Darren Daulton also blew out his knee that night, the injury that pretty much finished him.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Ocean City, Maryland is overrated. I've been there 4-5 times, but not since 2011. My roommate in undergrad stayed there in the summer of 2009, so I stayed with him for about 10 days that summer. It was nice to be near a beach, but other than that it's kinda a slum. I went back the following summer to visit him again, and the summer after that since another friend was staying there, but I'm not in a rush to go back. Really, the best part for me was the outlet mall just across the border in Delaware where I picked up about $225 worth of clothes for just under $70 one day.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I have always been an ocean city NJ person. My parents had a place on the upper eastern shore for 28 years, just sold it this year. We used to make the 2 hr drive to oc md once a year, but I was never thrilled about the trip.

5. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I wouldn't drive 2 minutes to go to a town that doesn't sell booze.

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I still want to visit Atlantic City at some point, even though I hear it's not what it used to be. I was debating going there for the UFC event a couple weeks ago, but that's when the Rock were in Buffalo, so I opted for that instead.

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

That's why there is a liquor store in the middle of a marsh at the 34st bridge. it is the wettest
    dry town anywhere.