Best vantage point for lacrosse?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Crash, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Crash

Crash New Member

Hey kids, here's a question for ya: if you were able to walk into the ACC on game day and select any seat you wanted, where would you sit?

I ask because I've been sitting in the third row of Section 113 for years. This is behind and just to the right of the west end goal. I've always enjoyed these seats, as you almost share the goaltender's perspective, and scrums and hitting along the boards almost seem to be happening in your lap.

This year I've picked up a second set of tickets, in Section 110. This is around the corner, just ahead of the goal line; I'm a little further up, almost even with the top of the end glass. I sat here for game one, and I'm tempted to make these my regular seats. Being higher up makes it a lot easier to watch plays develop, and you have a better view of play at the other end of the floor. (From the other seats, you tend to find yourself watching the scoreboard video when the action is in the far corner.)

I was surprised at how much of a difference a slight change of both the lateral position and the vertical angle can make. In your opinion, where is the ideal seat located?

~Crash

2. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

i honestly would say front row 2nd deck right at centre

3. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

That's where you're biased, Barks. Me personally, at the ACC I've sat in 107 (r16, s3-4), 110 (r10, s5-6), 301 (r3, s1-2), 304 (r5, s1-2), Adrenaline (s33-34), 312 (r3, s3-4) and 314 (r3, s1-2 and r1, s1-2), and to be honest, I like 314 the best. I'm far enough above the play that I can see it develop as it comes down the floor and I'm close enough that I can still see how much the punches hurt. In other words, ideal!
    As for the Gardens, there wasn't a bad seat in the house, it didn't matter where you sat... :D

4. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

I prefer in an offensive zone, but not behind the goal line, and about 15 rows up.

5. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

An offensive zone, eh? Too bad a lot of ushers won't allow that sort of language in arenas...well, except for Philly... :D

6. Crash

Crash New Member

...unless you were right next to "Rust." :(

7. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

hey

is'nt that the name of the new edmonton team ???

no that's the RUSF

:D

8. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

I didn't find Rust (or was it Rusty) all that bad, to be honest.
    At least they were better than Two for the Show and Sister Sattelite...

9. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

WOW !!!!

look at meat digging up the sister satelite trivia question

maybe SUM 41 can be the house band.

10. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Only if they bring that little frozen pop star hottie from Napanee, Avril Lavigne, with them...after all, she is engaged to Sum41s lead singer, Deryck...oooh! More trivia! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006
  11. Laxtothemax

Laxtothemax New Member

Trivia

Hey if its trivia ya want then Avril is not from Timmins. That would be the hottie Shania. Avril is from Semi Eastern Ontario, Napanee. :D

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the 36-year-old in me talking here, but Shania is several orders of magnitude hotter than Avril.

I'm pretty happy with the seats we have - center floor, 17 rows up. Now and again, I wouldn't mind being closer to the net, but at least this way I get a roughly equivalent view of each net, not a great view of one and a crappy view of the other.

13. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Thanks, Puck22, and happy belated birthday!

14. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

Back to the initial question...Section 101, four rows off the floor...off the Rock goalie's right shoulder to start the game. You get to watch the boys warm up and you get to see the game winning goal.

15. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

last season i sat in the corner 17 rows up at HSBC and it was a great view, you got to see everything develope and were still close to the action, this year i moved them over to the penalty box area about 12 rows up

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

My hot take is that I often prefer sitting up high. In Toronto, either the front row of the upper deck or the last few rows of the 100s is nice, although I have sat a few rows behind the bench too. That’s a good spot and it’s cool to feel the energy of the players involved.

In Buffalo, front row of the 200s is nice. In Rochester, I usually sit toward the top of the arena around the mid field line.