Billboard

Discussion in 'Chicago Shamrox Forum' started by Vin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I flew back to Chicago on Monday.
    On I-90, just west of O'Hare Airport, but east of Allstate Arena, was a huge billboard with an enormous Chicago Shamrox ad. "Tickets start at just $10." *sigh* What a gloriously sad waste.

2. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

Im just curious about this. Was it rental? If so, how long will it be up there?

I believe they should have taken that sign down and replace it with Winter Classic at Wigley Field or promote the upcoming baseball season with Cubs or White Sox on it.

At least, you didnt have to see ad of Chicago Rush. :-D

Roy

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Actually, there is a permanent ad for the Chicago Rush probably a few miles west. The Rush plays at Allstate Arena and their office is right off of I-90. There's a sign indicating the Chicago Rush and listing the website.

The billboard for the Shamrox was not permanent, but the ad was probably paid for already, but I do not know for how long.

4. Qball319

Qball319 New Member

I've had to drive past that a few times. It's just not right!

5. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

I got one literally 10 minutes walking distance from my home. Intersection of Routes 19 and 59 in Streamwood

6. When the Destroyers left Buffalo, they had the sign for the Destroyers up at where they practiced for a few years.

Kind of irrelevant, sorry.