Billings

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by rocklax#1, Feb 19, 2015.

1. relaxman

relaxman New Member

Hard to fire the owner, besides it's Billings ego that's in the way.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Might not be able to pair up the same off-floor job with deluxe veteran salary with all of them.......but, yeah, I could see anyone but Minnesota coming up with top of the line veteran pay, and, cutting a current righty to make room.

Only question is whether the Rock is in a mood to deal and whether anyone offers whatever Dawick sees as fair return.

As for Dawick, he gets a fair bit of rope......Just can't see the GM getting fired until summer :D

3. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

Fire Dawick - good one.

4. BanditsSuckRock

BanditsSuckRock New Member

no ego I disagree why would he stay in town if he didn't want to play for the rock

5. BanditsSuckRock

If terry was here he would be signed what does that tell you

6. RockStar

If the queen had balls, she'd be the king.

Sanderson was loyal to veterans - he always either signed them, or cut them loose with plenty of time to try to catch on with another team.

I think you're right.

This said, he's not here......

Dawick is on a championship pace right now, and, is bleeding money. Also, he's carrying a full complement of veterans, and is probably already rubbing up against the cap. I can understand the temptation to not give Billings a full price deal.

7. SouthPawly

SouthPawly Member

Could Billings play in CLax?
    Not for the beer money but to showcase that his knee is good enough to get him by, maybe get some teams interested.

I don't think anyone believes Hickey is the new Billings but right now Hellyer is doing a great job of making us forget who Billing is.

8. SouthPawly

SouthPawly Member

I've also heard from a few players around the league that referred to Billings as highly overrated, that was before his injury.
    I don't necessarily agree but those were other players opinions.

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

eh highly over rated is someone like brodie merrill.
    billings before the injury was the best the league had to offer

10. RockStar

Hmmm.......

He was rated as a top five righty and his numbers added up to that........

IIRC, the only scorers that beat his numbers played one or two extra games.

I don't think 'overrated' is quite the right descriptor.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

When's the last time you've heard a guy recommend firing the owner and saying that he's gonna stop being a fan of a team that's 9-1?

12. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

it is terrys contract offer in the summer he offered that Billings first turned down to start this all off. Billings demands/wants are not fair. That equals ego.

13. AmericanRockFan

....what else is he supposed to do exactly? His life is in Toronto right now apparently. Is he supposed to uproot his family (is Billings married? I know he had a girlfriend, but I'm not one to take interest in a player's personal life, so I don't keep tabs on this ****) out of spite for the Rock organization?

14. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

CLAX season is about to enter playoffs. Maybe next season though.

15. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Do you have insider knowledge of what his demands are, or are you going by Dawick's comments?

16. SouthPawly

SouthPawly Member

I don't know 100% accurately but I have heard a big number. It would eat up a lot of bonus dollars.

17. BanditsSuckRock

9-1 don't mean nothing look at Edmonton last year.. this team does need billings for the future I like Robbie but 3 years 100 points plus seasons in a row would never happen

18. BanditsSuckRock

he can go any ware half the nll players play for cities they don't live in what do they do

19. AmericanRockFan

Yes, the fact that the Rock are 9-1 doesn't meant they'll win the championship, but you'd have more valid points to bitch about if they were 4-6. And Billings living in Toronto can be the equivalent of players for other teams living in Toronto. Billings' permanent residence really means nothing.

But the fact that BanditsSuckRock can't use proper grammar, or even spell "where" properly means I'm done talking to this moron.

20. RockStar

60% of the way through this season, where he's getting his share of Billings' touches - He's almost matched last year's goals and points total, is leading the league, and on a pace for 125 or so.

Let's finish this season, and, take two more to decide whether you're right or wrong :)

Let's also see if Sanderson or Doyle is still relevant for those two more years......this year, it is helping to have a guy like that commanding attention, and swinging it over to the righties at opportune times. It gets tougher if they have to replace either of those with a lesser lefty.