1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Billings

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by rocklax#1, Feb 19, 2015.

1. SouthPawly

SouthPawly Member

With Hellyer's success this year and last year post Billings' injury I'm starting to believe that in part they're and Sandeeson's resurgence products of the system the Rock play.
    All are very good players but it makes me wonder.

Also Heller is 22 years old, Billings is 29, Robbie has a bunch more years to try to hit 100 points/season.

As an aside, I really like it when players/their buddies/families post on here. Makes things more interesting.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

dont call it a comeback, I been here for years...

I don't think it's so much a comeback as it is that a newfound freedom.
    -he's not fighting Doyle for touches,
    -he's got a great hardnosed creaseman/picksetter wingmate in Ross that can do all the dirty work that Sanderson was trying to do last year.

Whatever it is, it's working. He's playing like an MVP candidate for the first time in years.

3. BanditsSuckRock

BanditsSuckRock New Member

go leafs go you big bully

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm loving how you won't engage in intelligent discussion/debates with anyone on here in regards to the points you made earlier. Tell me again how Dawick should be fired as owner, please, and how the owner is the problem (although I do want the club to find a regular GM in the off-season).

5. relaxman

relaxman New Member

Why would anyone cheer for the Leafs. Go Buffalo!!!! (Sabres that is)

I agree the Rock do need to find a GM, but that can wait for the summer.

As for Billings he can sit, he can coach a CLAX team, he can do whatever he wants, that's up to him. When he demands top dollar and is willing to sit out to get it. He putting himself ahead of the team, and last I checked, this is still a team sport. These guys aren't millionaires, you can't expect his teamates to stick up for him. 'I am the best and deserve the most, to hell with you and your bonus structure', if this is his attitude he can sit with Khadri, cause the the team doesn't need that stuff if the locker room.

I guess everyone has forgotten that AI is now persona non-grada.

6. BanditsSuckRock

I am just trying to figure out why billings hasn't signed yet. I like dawick as an owner fire himself as a gm is what I meant. as far as intelligent discussion's go calling someone a moron is very hurtful. Cant we just all be rock fans together nicely I never started any trouble just giving my thought's

7. AmericanRockFan

You were spewing a load of **** with no real basis behind it. The fact that Terry Sanderson isn't the GM anymore is why Billings isn't here? Rob Hellyer isn't good enough to get 100 points in 3 straight seasons? What's that based on? Threatening to stop being a fan of a team who's 9-1 and saying the owner/GM sucks because the team isn't undefeated and hasn't signed Billings when they don't seem to need him right now? Sure thing, buddy.

8. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

is athan going to be the poster boy for every malcontent.

it used to be said if athan was going to be the next gait
    now, its whether billings will be the next ianucci.

9. BanditsSuckRock

just trade billings he's **** we don't need him. dawick is amazing. This team is very good. Rob is this years league mvp. go rush go

10. AmericanRockFan

I'd accuse BSR of being Hollywood42 in disguise but he doesn't start a new paragraph with every sentence.

11. BanditsSuckRock

Terry's gone no billing's very weird
    GO STEALTH GO
    2011 Fann Cup Champion
    Vancouver roadies

12. AmericanRockFan

Who shoved a pineapple up your *** and died?

13. fzybro

fzybro Member

This guy is a MORON!!

14. fzybro

fzybro Member

I don't know why Billings hasn't signed. It is weird. If he's content to sit and not go anywhere, let him. The team doesn't seem to need him now, but may in the future. I see the Rock taking 1st in the division, which is awesome and about time. They've had too many years of mediocre records. I'm glad you guys are having a great season. But, all that being said, I don't think they're a lock for the championship series. I do think Rochester has a chance to be in that series. I think a division series between those two would be awesome. Reminds me of the late 90's, early 00's. My only worry is that Rochester could get dumped in the single elimination game. That's what happened last year to Toronto when Buffalo aced them last year. Either way, the Rock are fun to watch, except when the play the Hawks of course. ;)

Point is: the Rock are scary good offensively and defensively; in goal - meh. This could be a great season for you fans!

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Not to divert off topic (but I will anyways lol), if Rochester & Buffalo are some combo of the two & three seeds that may be the Bandits best chance to knock them out (even if the game is at the BCA).

16. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

Could've used his creativity and shot last night in Buffalo...

17. relaxman

relaxman New Member

With Hellyer's injury it is time to get back to the speculation around Billing's. I assume the team is going to give Benn a chance in Calgary, and wait and see on Hellyer. If Benn doesn't do well and Hellyer's return date gets pushed back, do those lost phone numbers get found again?

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Do I get to see Benn, or will they activate another righty D/T and let Diachenko run with the attack assignment?

19. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

Benn was activated! He also had a good training camp. I think they take a look and see what they have here, and if it doesn't work out, then plan B....

Either Diachenko moving up, or maybe they do patch it up with Billings.

20. BanditsSuckRock

the rock don't need billings their fine without him