blazers folded (officially)

Discussion in 'Boston Blazers Forum' started by Wormburner, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Wormburner

Wormburner New Member

has anyone heard if the blazers are foldign or not??

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

You just asked this in an existing thread. And then one minute later, you made a new thread to ask it again.

Guess it's important to you.

The answer is, as always, 42.

Glad I could help you add to the level of knowledge on the Wingszone forums.

3. Purplenurple

Purplenurple New Member

Yes Boston IS indeed closing shop, so where will Dawson & Powell end up?

4. Wormburner

Wormburner New Member

thats what i heard to. dawson to wings. powell might be hurt so who second to rush??

5. InLaxWeTrust

InLaxWeTrust New Member

How do you know?

6. Kosty

Kosty New Member

Care to provide proof???

7. Purplenurple

Purplenurple New Member

If Dangerous Dan Dawson goes to Philly they will become contenders just in time for the playoffs. When he was with Arizona they went to the Championship a couple times, then when he went to Portland he led them to the cup, I suspect he'll do the same in Philly EXCEPT for the intangible ...Johnny "the weasel" Mooradian - he's enough to keep even the best player in the game "away".

8. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

Hopefully, this will get everyone's attention so we can stop this pointless rumor and move on.

THE BLAZERS ARE NOT FOLDING!!!

That is all.

9. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

This rumor again? Ugg they need to make up there dam mind.

10. thegreenbastard

thegreenbastard Active Member

I've just got a message from a 100% reliable source that they will fold and hope to retry in 2013.

We've all heard the, one year hiatus story before but this is another sad day for the NLL.

I'll hopefully have more info for everyone soon

11. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Well then. :(

12. mightymouth

mightymouth New Member

EXCEPT that he wants to play with Paul again and he wants to play with Brodie and.....:D

13. thegreenbastard

14. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Blazers have letter up on site sorry Boston.

15. SaulinBoston

SaulinBoston Moderator

Indeed folks - its over. I've changed the thread title to reflect the demise. Sad to see them go. :cry:

16. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

And their logo has been taken down from the top on nll.com

17. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

You said this just a couple of hours too soon. :doh:

But of course they'll do all they can to make no mention of this. :doh: :doh:

18. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Damn! That's probably the quickest nll.com has ever done something. :eek:

19. BlazerCannon8

BlazerCannon8 New Member

This really sucks. I already had to call to make sure I got my season tix money back. Such a shame.

The team appeared to be doing well, but failing in the playoffs yet again, along with a mediocre season last year after the Big Three thing, that really must have killed them.

It also appears like the situation at the Garden was also a big factor. The rent must be exorbinant, which is no surprise considering who the landlord is.

A place like Agganis Arena would be perfect for the Blazers IMO, except for the fact that it's NCAA hockey, and they need to play Saturday/Sunday nights as well for the majority of their games.

20. thegreenbastard

here's the Blazers official press release:

BOSTON, MA (September 1, 2011) – The Boston Blazers professional indoor lacrosse team announced today it will temporarily suspend operations for the 2012 National Lacrosse League (NLL) season as the team begins the preliminary steps for franchise relocation to a new home facility for the 2013 season.

Under the direction of Team President and General Manager Doug Reffue, the team is initiating a six-month strategic plan to evaluate prospective home arena venues, both locally and nationally, where the Blazers can play the 2013 campaign and beyond.

The Blazers’ business operations will be maintained in an “offseason” capacity throughout the 2012 season. The club will continue to host its youth related community programs and philanthropic activities.

“This temporary suspension represents the first phase of a relocation process as we evaluate potential home venues for the 2013 NLL season and beyond,” said Reffue. “We are interested in partnering with an arena where we can build on the momentum created over the past three seasons and forge a long-term win-win relationship between the team, the local corporate community and a facility operator. At this early stage of the process, we are already in active discussions with several prospective venues. As General Manager, my goal is to win and build a Blazers team that competes for the NLL title every season. In order to reach this goal, we need an arena partner who shares our same vision and is strongly committed to growing professional indoor lacrosse in their market.”

Added Reffue, “We have enjoyed a strong base of support from Boston fans over the last three years – they have been the lifeblood of our organization. We will keep them informed as we march toward the 2013 season. We look forward to sharing information about the Blazers’ next chapter in the weeks and months ahead and will be posting updates on our website and Facebook page.”

All season tickets purchased for the 2012 season will be refunded in full. Questions regarding season tickets should be directed to the Blazers front office at 888-BLAZERS