Blockbuster Trade

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Meathead25, Jul 27, 2004.

1. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

how about doyle and veltman to the roughnecks

we'll take em

come west my friends

it's great out here in the land of the roughneck

:D

2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

ypu gonna include the sting in this deal as cory was shipped out last winter.

3. DW_23

DW_23 New Member

The Rock gave up way to much i also think the stealth won this trade.I am wondering whats going to happen next in Rock land in the coming weeks.:cool: Hey Barks i love the idea of Bringing Veltman and doyle to the Necks.:D

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

edit to add - Oops, Doug beat me to it.

--------------------------------------------------

Minor Technicality:

Bomberry no longer belongs to the Hawks.

Also, incredible talent aside, until Grant gets that championship monkey off his back, I don't want him playing for any team I support!

5. AP

AP New Member

Championship monkey?

I thought we took care of that at the WILCs, when he was the best player on the floor for avery stacked team?

6. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

DW_23

glad you like my idea

i would love to see jimmy v in a necks jersey

but i don't think b-mac would give up # 32

7. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Oops, should have included Bruce Codd and Cam Bomberry as well for Matt Shearer and 2 2nd round picks...from Arizona...

8. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

They can Ro-Sham-Bo for it...Veltman goes first. :D

9. DW_23

DW_23 New Member

Hey Meat, I love it

The Ro-Sham-Bo to see who wears #32 for the Calgary RoughNecks

Round One

Veltman

Round Two

B-Mac

Round Three

We wait and see

:cool: :D

10. Rock Ink

Rock Ink New Member

Hey Barks, don't make me move out there!! Although the thought is already there.

OMG, the Toronto fan also likes Buffalo and Calgary! Must be fair weather too. Not to mention the fact that I don't have season tickets for any NLL team!

Inky da stickin' up for da Meathead

11. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Thanks Inky, much appreciated! :D

12. RockStar

Re: Championship monkey?

I'm choosing not to count the WILC.

There was only one game involving Canada where the outcome was in doubt for more than the first 10 minutes.

----------------------
    Edit to add:

Laxchick:

That's exactly why only one team was able to test Canada. And even that team only tested them once in two games.

Damn shame, because in recent times, USA's best are 1-0 against one version of Canada's best.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2004
  13. laxchick

laxchick New Member

Also because of MLL, the US did not have the best contingent of players on the floor for the World's.

14. KhawkCruisin

KhawkCruisin Moderator

Laxchick, you know I love ya, but you are very wrong in this case. Meathead has been a season ticket holder for the Rock for a long time. He is one of the most die hard fans that I know, with the exceptions of a few fanatics. Just because somebody doesn't agree with the teams decisions, and verbalizes does not make them a fair weather fan.

Personally, I do cheer for Anaheim, because of one player.....I also know, like Inky, many people who cheer for other teams during the season. I didn't renew my Rattlers season tickets this year, but I may next year, does that make me a Fair Weather Fan? I don't think so. I still go to the games. No, Meathead, and a lot of other people on this board, myself included, love their teams, to a fault sometimes. I have been told on many occassions that when I defend the Knighthawks actions, etc...that I am too....harsh, to keep it G rated. But I would say that because of passion for our teams, we feel so strongly about our opinions. If that makes sense, it does to me.......

15. Laxdude

Laxdude New Member

Re: Damn it, damn it, damn it...

So who is going to be the feeder for the three R's?

16. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned Member

lets get back to the trade. Shooter is the key to the deal. How good is Shooter?
    I see Cosmos holding out, or at least that is the word on the streeet.
    Flip isn't as good as Gibson, and it's well known that Terry doesn't care for Gibson.
    Kruegar is a wreck physically, so if he can repair his body he may be the player he once was but that is a big question.
    I feel the biggest key to the deal.
    If Rusty has comback numbers this deal works for both teams as I see another deal happening between these two later involving a goalie.
    Just getting more and more interesting isn't it.
    Now what about Watson and Laddy going to Anaheim for big $$$$ with Keenan?

17. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

One of whom you're married to. :D
    This is true, but the team made one trade that he didn't agree with, and he dropped his season tickets. On another thread he said he "just didn't feel like it anymore". Does that sound like something a "die hard fan" would say?

I've only met Meathead once, at a PGP in Rochester for a few minutes, so I can't say I really know the guy. But from what he's written on this board, I would never have thought of him as a fair-weather fan either. But to hear that he cancelled his tickets really surprised me. To hear that he "just didn't feel like it anymore" really surprised me. If it's a financial thing, fine, I totally understand that, but that's not the reason he gave. This is a guy who, I believe, once had season tickets for both the Rock and the Bandits, AND went to Rochester to see games there, AND went to lots of OLA games, AND is on the board for a junior A team in Mississauga. The dude loves lacrosse, no question. So what does it say when a guy like that "doesn't feel like" going to Rock games anymore?

The impression I got was that Meathead didn't like the trade, and thinks that the Rock can't contend with the team the way it is. And if they can't contend, then he's not interested in going to the games. Isn't that the very definition of a fair-weather fan?

I don't much like the trade either, but it never occurred to me to not go to the games. Even if the Rock go 4-12 next year, I will still be renewing my season tickets for 2006.

18. RockStar

Most people seem to think Toronto was fleeced. For me the jury's still out. Toronto's offense is now improved, while the defense is exactly where it was last year (needing a bit of help). Two holes were added - backup goaltending and transition, but the more I think about it, the more I believe they can be managed.

I think the transition hole is going to be fairly easy to fill. There are lots of fast players who can shoot as good or better than Toll. The biggest thing Toronto loses with Toll is his seemingly uncanny ability to intercept passes.

The goaltending one is going to be tough, but I've got this funny feeling that with two years of CBA strife, that there are a pile of solid, contract-less goaltenders out there. I'm sure Terry would not have traded a top notch backup without knowing where he could get another top notch backup.

I'll see what the finished product looks like, and how well they can compete in the NLL before I say anything bad about this trade.

One thing that's bugging me is the Cosmo hold-out rumours. I'm not sure why SJ would agree to this deal if they didn't have confirmation from Cosmo that he would go west. Take Cosmo out of the equation, and I honestly think the Rock fleeced SJ.

So, What if my second favourite goalie decides not to go to SJ and sits out a year? Is he then allowed to come back to Toronto the year after?

19. Mr. Poopyhead

Mr. Poopyhead New Member

"Word on the street", interesting. In your case, would that be "Sesame Street"?:rotfl: :rotfl:

20. Purplenurple

Purplenurple New Member

Toros00, you forgot one thing, Cosmo is junk also. The Rock just lightened their load of trash that is all.