Blockbuster Trade

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Meathead25, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Schad

Schad New Member

If anything, this trade has thrust the NLL back into the media eye at least for awhile. It never hurts to shake things up a bit, although I think Toronto gave up a little too much.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead New Member

Why do you say he's trash?

3. Rockman

Rockman Active Member

Cosmo

If he is trash he is about to set a WLA record for best stopped percentage and lowest GAA:

Player# Player Name GP MIN SHOTS SAVES GA SAVE% GAA
    44 Cosmo, Anthony 13 719:56 520 447 73 85.96% 6.08%

4. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

To answer Mr. Metalhead's question...

...because Mr. Purplenurple thinks he knows everything. He is, however, entitled to his opinion.

Anthony is an excellant goaltender and this is not just my opinion. Just ask a guy many think is the best every- Mr. Dallas Eliuk.

I am sorry to see him go. Would I have traded him? Likely not but...I am not the coach and so I didn't get to decide. He has been a real treat to watch and has made the Rock games all that much better for his best fan.

This young man has taken time, every game, to wave to a fan who sits off his right shoulder in the ACC...and to talk to her every time an opportunity arises. And she will always cherish a picture of the two of them, on the floor at the HSBC Arena, taken this winter, that he signed for her 75th birthday. So...not only is he a fine athlete but he is also an extraordinary young man. Just my opinion;)

5. Mammalax

Mammalax New Member

Trash to Treasure

Toronto's Trash.

San Jose's Treasure.

Mammalax::D

6. Canadan

Canadan New Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Canadan

Canadan New Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. MacRazor

MacRazor New Member

If Cos is junk, i'm a gajillionaire!:rotfl: Dude has game and class, St. Kitts was a blast last season with Cos in town. My son tried to shark him on the dart-board one nite...wasn't gonna happen against Cos, but he had a good time with him anyways. Soon enough you'll be able to put Cos and Dallas in the same sentance....mark my words!

Mac

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

hmmmmm soon to be a treasure back east again? Johnny M's phone is ringing off the hook...and the word is he is answering it! question is what area code?

10. Purplenurple

Purplenurple New Member

Geez doesn't anyone know sarcasm when it hits them in the face?Toll has been T.O.'s second most valuable player after Jimmy and they let him go also.

11. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I wondered, because I've never seen you say anything bad about Cosmo or Toll before.

Its tough to "hear" the sarcasm in printed word though. That's why they give you these things :rolleyes:, so you can make sure everyone knows.

12. Durris

Durris New Member

Cosmo will be dealt to Vancouver once this all settles down.
    Just a gut feeling... I see him staying on the "left coast", but I see him wearing a Crow jersey. Not sure who would be dealt, but possibly some offensive help for SJ.

I doubt that Coz would enjoy playing in a system that has the goalie pulled every three goals against (as was the situation in SJ last season).

I guess we can wait and see!

13. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

i see anthony coming back east

just a gut feeling i have

14. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

I have a feeling it will be either in teal or in black and orange *crosses fingers for black and orange*. I don't know if Coz is a big fan of the Terry Sanderson School of Coaching, but having been sent out of town to bring in more of the Sanderson clan after being the Rock's #2 for the past three years has got to hurt...

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Cosmo and Quinn platooned up in Buffalo? Then they'd really be the Buffalo Athletics! :D

15. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

where does chugger go ????

CALGARY

16. MacRazor

MacRazor New Member

Meathead, that'd be cool as heck as long as they ship Time Out down here too!:drunk:

As for Chugger, boot him upstairs to be GM and then boot Silcott up another level to "over-see" all things Bandits.

Mac be likin' the "idea" of Cos in Orange and Black!

17. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

i think YOU should be the gm MAC

18. Gena

Gena New Member

Cosmo and Quinn... now THAT sounds like a great goalie combo!!

But I keep thinking a new goalie is too much to hope for for Buffalo.

19. MacRazor

MacRazor New Member

Thanks BARKS, you're too kind and "misinformed":D Come to think of it though I AM unemployed still and could be swayed towards a career change!:rotfl:

Mac

20. laxchick

laxchick New Member

Rumor has it that Cos is furious about the trade and will not be heading west no matter what (looks like you may be out a few beers AP). He was the other name in the trade but b/c of his work commitent here he can't commit to play full time for a western team.

From what I hear (and those of you who know who I am, know where this is coming from) the league will be hearing from him b/c if he can't play locally, probably meaning Roch, TO, or Buff he won't be playing anywhere next year.

My personal speculation might be Rochester, I know there is some bad blood between O'Toole and management and they didn't franchise him last year when they had the chance. There could be another trade in the works for all we know.

As for all you Rusty Kruger doubters, last night he scored 3 goals, including 1 short handed, in Brampton's sound defeat of St. Catherine's. And Steenhuis was in the lineup.