Boyz In the Hive

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, May 31, 2017.

1. Snider4theWin

Snider4theWin Member

I work weekends now so
    I'll miss it all, I think Georgia sweeps though

2. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

It'll be a good serise, I'm hoping Georgia can maintain the 6k they had last game. If they do that and win the championship maybe they'll keep that and move back to Minnesota numbers....

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

History? Meh, we'll see. It should be good, exciting lax to watch between the 2 best teams in the league. It will be interesting to see if the Swarm's high octane O can make the difference over the Rush's D and goaltending.

4. wacklax

wacklax Member

I wish the Swarm forwards luck getting to the net.

5. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Rock held Swarm to 12 or less (less empty netters).

Rush defense is on another world compared to Rock. The Rush attack is more balanced as well.....Wont have two guys taking 30+ of the shots, and there is a legit playmaker at the top.

Swarm cannot bring a hostile crowd into the equation.

if the Rush do not come out flat in game 1, I say this series doesn't even get back to Georgia, so, sadly, no Lil John concert at game 2 halftime.

6. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK WILL BE TOO BUSY CLEANING SOME SERIOUS CARPET TO GIVE A THOROUGH ANALYSIS OF THIS NLL FINAL.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Are you hand scrubbing or licking that carpet?

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

A hip hop crowd could turn hostile when the realize they are at a lax game.

9. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK GONNA DEEP CLEAN THE CARPET, SCRUBBA DUB DUB.

10. Vin

Vin Active Member

At least now the AJC is covering the Swarm....

First, here's the Ludacris story:
    Ludacris to perform at Sunday’s Georgia Swarm playoff game
    http://www.ajc.com/sports/ludacris-perform-sunday-georgia-swarm-playoff-game/L6umcn4xqE2FlSYByK3oTN/

But also there is this:
    Georgia Swarm ready to open National Lacrosse League title series
    http://www.ajc.com/sports/pro-sports/georgia-swarm-ready-open-national-lacrosse-league-title-series/OLdZh0GbsoDDHD9q2P8x5H/

Both articles actually have by-lines which means that the paper dedicated people to cover the story instead of phoning it in with "From Staff Reports".
    Given that this is the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, there is actually a decent chance some people are going to show up!

Something that is interesting that the article focuses on in the dearth of championships in Atlanta:
    The 1968 (NASL) Atlanta Chiefs.
    The 1995 (MLB) Atlanta Braves.
    The 2017 (NLL) Georgia Swarm?​

Maybe if the Swarm actually win and bring home a championship, the AJC will dedicate some actual press to the team during the season. Reminds me so much of 2002. I, of course, wanted the Albany Attack to win as an Attack fan, but the team needed to win that championship for marketing purposes. It didn't and ownership then did even more pulling back of marketing after that thus dooming the team to failure.

I'd be happy to see the Rush win again - certainly because we want to keep our success in Saskatoon going - but I'd be equally happy with the Swarm winning for a plethora of other reasons, most of all, to hopefully raise this team in the public consciousness so we can get a stable team down there and maybe help the league establish another outpost like Denver was in 2003.

11. Vin

Vin Active Member

Gwinnett Daily Post...
    http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/ludacris-to-perform-halftime-show-at-georgia-swarm-s-sunday/article_aab85318-45fd-11e7-a4de-871e433864e3.html

Ludacris to perform halftime show at Georgia Swarm's Sunday playoff game
    Lower Level Tickets for Sunday’s game start as low as $20 and can be purchased online at GeorgiaSwarm.com/Playoff or by calling 844-4-GASWARM. Both the game and halftime performance will be streamed live on Twitter at NLL.Twitter.com.

$20 in the lower level to see Game 1 of what should be a great series anticipated all season. I hope these people realize what an opportunity they have.

12. 30seconds

30seconds Member

Ive been trying to find the score only to realize..

The games on a SUNDAY in JUNE! HAHA this league is amazing

RockStar likes this.
  13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

An early evening Sunday game at that.

14. Vin

Vin Active Member

Well, NBA Finals Game 2 is tonight, so the attendance would be even worse for a night game.
    Besides, Ludacris will want to watch that...

15. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK SAYS THE FEED TONIGHT HAS BEEN HOT GARBAGE DURING THE GAME BUFFERING EVERY 10 SECONDS, BUT AT LEAST THE AUDIO HAS BEEN SWELL. INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH THIS LUDACRIS PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN SANS AND FREE OF BUFFERING JUNKAGE.

THIS LUDACRIS PERFORMANCE HAS ACTUALLY BEEN PRETTY SWOLL, YA HEARD?

16. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

nice prediction, jaxass

17. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

dropped 18 on the Rush, would have loved to see Keenan and McComb struggling with that one !

18. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

they got 7,600 for a sunday afternoon - i'll say good job.

19. Winger86

Winger86 Member

Was this actually a legit number?

20. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

i heard the crowd looked better than normal, but that it was 7600 the same way that their reg season crowds were 3500