Bring On The Rock!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AGuindon14, Dec 20, 2002.

1. AGuindon14

AGuindon14 Active Member

I CANT WAIT UNTILL THE WINGS PLAY THE ROCK. THE WINGS WILL SHOW THE ROCK THAT FINNERAN SHOULD OF NOT HAD LEFT!!!!!!

2. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Well....if Candy continues to play like he did when he was with the Rock, as Toros_00 has already said, he'll have his own a$$-groove in the penalty box at the FU Center.

Just a few things I'd like to point out WingsWasik10:
    1999 Semi-finals: Rock Win.
    2000 Semi-Finals: Rock Win.
    2001 Finals: Yes, Philly won, but...
    2002: Regular season:
    In Toronto: March 22, Toronto 17, Philadelphia 9.
    In Philly: March 23, Philly 13, Toronto 12. Toll, Ladouceur, Stroup and Watson are not in the line-up, and it takes a last minute goal by Philly to finally win it.
    Philly, the Champions, are ousted in the quarter-finals/wild-card game (which Philly was lucky to make it into...if Albany hadn't beat Montreal, you never would have been there) by the Washington Power, and aren't there to defend the Champions Cup.

While it may be true that many Philly fans feel that Finneran should not have left, the truth of the matter is that Philly wasn't going to play him, and he wanted to go to a club that would play him, namely us! If you're coming up to Toronto, drop by section 104, and look for a guy wearing a red wig in the 10th row...it'd be nice to meet you. :D

3. AGuindon14

AGuindon14 Active Member

meathead that was then this is now. besides who cares about last years games. go back to the 2001 finals thats the most important one. the wings i believe won by 1 point. this year the wings has tons of young talented players. we will see when the wings play the rock this year.

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Who cares about last years games, but games from the year before are important? Interesting logic.

RockStar likes this.
  5. Canadan

Canadan New Member

SAY WHAT??? The porch light's on, but no one's home!!!!:confused: WTF is with this post????

6. rockhead

rockhead Member

I believe the Wings did win by 1 point. I also think you'll remember the Rock were down 3 with something like 2 left and down a hell of a lot more going into the 4th. We had the momentum and if the game went a minute longer, T dot would have four-time champs.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

13 to 2.

Enough said

8. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Finneran came to a city where he felt the commitment to winning is. It's all good the Wings are on a youth kick, but more than one veteran is needed for leadership. Finneran still has at least 2-3 good years left in him, and Les Bartley is a guru when it comes to judging talent. O'Neill still is in the learning process, and has to grow with the job, the same speaks true for Mueller.

9. AGuindon14

AGuindon14 Active Member

i aint saying that the rock is a washed up team. iam just saying that i cant wait untill the wings play them becuz its gonna be exciteing to watch them play.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

"Should of not had left." Excellent grammar.

11. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This post was made, and then the Wings would go 1-10 vs the Rock over the next 5 seasons. I guess we can blame this douche.

RockStar likes this.
  12. AmericanRockFan

Well he's right, if you were a Rock fan it was plenty exciting.

RockStar likes this.
  13. RockStar

Finn was a nice add.....veteran depth lefty that added a bunch of secondary scoring.

kicked the "rebuilding year" can down the road, and picked up a title while doing so.

14. RockStar

and, he might have been the only man in the world that could find food in downtown Rochester after the hotel bar closed......

15. AmericanRockFan

Plus, Finneran was probably the greatest American to ever play for the Rock until Tom Schreiber's emergence last season.

16. RockStar

Other than McGlone and Rosa, I don't think there were any others that got real minutes.......

Dommer, and Bergey never left the practice squad.