Building a roster

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Wings-4-Life, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

With the list out, there's certainly some decent names for the Wings to pick up.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Do you go right for a young offensive guy who could be here a while like Currier, or a defensive guy to build a foundation around like Brett Mydske?

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i always liked keogh's body of work. but i was reminded that he is a ufa.

4. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

I’m hoping they take scigliano from Calgary or Higgins or buque from buffalo, They’re all young and decent goalies

5. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

Even mcardle from the rock wouldn’t be a bad pick

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at a list other than the Rock's.

For serviceable NLL'ers, I dunno, they were a shitty non-playoff team, so, you don't want much of it.

Hickey, Caputo or McArdle maybe?

It's Day though.....isn't his MO to pick veteran FAs that will underperform or refuse to report, and then package the few good picks for other veterans of dubious talent?

7. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Don't forget trade high 1st round picks for underperforming players and low 1st round picks for practice squad caliber players.

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Go young early and maybe pick up a name or two later that would actually play here. But even if they still would play, no Cosmo or Duck Feet.

9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

do not trade 1st round picks!!

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Take them both please. I will even throw in a GM.

RockStar and Hollywood42 like this.
  11. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Only if we can give you Paul Day.

mtbf likes this.
  12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

gotta say cloutier is just lights out right now

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

With Bold in the draft, the Wings should take him and I can see Scigliano going to the Seals. I would be very surprised if the Wings or Seals took 2 goalies with their 9 picks. With the seasons that Buque and Higgins had in Buffalo behind a mediocre defense, I would be surprised if the Wings or Seals took either one.

14. unspoken

unspoken Member

If they took him, they'd almost certainly have to apply their franchise tag on him. He lives in Edmonton and was opening a new gym there. I think he would prefer to play in the west if he has a choice.

15. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I don't know how many of you follow the NLL Rumors board but the NLL today announced that they will in fact webcast the expansion draft on Facebook