Bye Bye Saints

Discussion in 'Orlando Titans Forum' started by Go NJStorm, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Go NJStorm

Go NJStorm New Member

Word has it that we've seen our last NY Saints game. I heard they are moving to Minnesota.....if Columbus doesnt...and i also heard columbus is getting bought by the bluejackets so i dont think they are goin anywhere.

A sad goodbye to the Saints.

2. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

And where did you hear this?

3. ColsLax

ColsLax New Member

I'd also like to hear what the source on this is. I've heard Columbus, NJ, Ottawa and Albany all moving. But this is first I've heard about NY.

4. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

I have a source close to Columbus who has told me that they are not moving. I have heard NJ, Ottawa, and Albany are.

5. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

I don't think NY is going anywhere. NJ should be forced to move when they post crowds of 6,500-7,500 when there are 1,000 people in the building.

The TV doesn't lie.

6. raphilly

raphilly New Member

It looks like the Saints will stay put, at least for next year. The Insiders report that a Saints move out of the Metro Area would've been precipitated by certain other moves NOT happening... and it looks like at least one of them will. The Saints do have to get through negotiating a new lease, I understand, but that shouldn't be a huge concern. (in any event, it sounds like Saints are exploring NYC-area arenas, in case they get Wanged again)

R.A.

7. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

Besides MSG there are no other arenas in the area. Could they go to Bridgeport, CT? New England Saints anyone?

8. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

i hope the saints stay they are a good little club, not the best but, i don't like seeing any teams move, i hope they all stay put.

9. Chahta619

Chahta619 New Member

Look for the Saints to move as well as NJ....

Neither owner can hold on any longer and the WORLD knows Gongas has burned every bridge he has crossed in the last 5 years....in more than one state! and 2 countries....

10. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i have no ideas on the details of gongas's tenure as owner of the saints. it would had been wisest not to take control of 2 teams and just concentrate on the one. but in his defense, he & russo did put up their wallets to own them. i think the loss of weekend dates really hurt the team's attendance this winter. alot of the fanbase views the nll as the ultimate work release program -- the thought of going bacck to my job after a night w/ the wings just seems wrong -- so that had to take it's toll. its obvious from the brian langtry article @ rudeboys that there is a chill out there btwn mgmnt & some players. i like alot of the saints players and wish them all the best every winter. for its part, coach mccabe got more mileage than anyone ever could expect after injuries & another youth movement took sway. the key to having a young team is giving them a chance to develop together. if the likes of nash, prout, culp, carlson, mcfarland & polanco could stay together then in a season or two, we could see a much better saints' team. the wings didn't dump all their rookies from last winter and look at the returns on cromwell, spano & martin. the collection of talent on that roster is only promising if given the chance to develop. if the saints had not been forced to trade away annually, the roster could include:

jason clark
    jonas derks
    brad darion
    scott frizzel
    rob kirkby
    mark frye
    roy colsey
    brian langtry
    chris driscoll
    mark millon
    john gagliardi

even if some of those had stayed -- and yes some on the above were traded for each other -- by now the team would be more competitve and the fan base secured. the saints of old in the mill had purdie, locasi, sombrotto et.al. for years and became fan faves despite the ups & downs. stability would be the best asset this franchise could secure in both coaches -- pfieffer, engelke, huff, mccabe during the same span the wings had 2 coaches and toronto 1 -- and player personnel to give fans a reason to support them.

if the gongas/russo era is over, then i want the saints to remain and be given an opportunity to realize the potential that was there during the mill era.

11. Chahta619

Chahta619 New Member

Doug - Doug - Doug....

YOU HAVE NO IDEA what GONGAS has done to people and even his own players. (NOTE: Charlie Russo's name is NOT linked to this!!! I hate to see his name linked to Gongas because HE IS a respected business man....makes me queasy...Mr.Russo doesn't deserve that kind of guilt by association.)

At first I would say you are right - kudos for them trying to save the teams. The bottom line is you have to deal in business with some sort of integrity. Gongas has NONE. His dealings have effected the way a lot of business individuals look at the League and I don't think they can afford that any longer...JMO. The very BEST thing that could happen for the Saints is to get out from under said individual and have a chance. The same goes for the Sharks.

I will say this 1000's of times....MULTI TEAM OWNERSHIP SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. It causes a disaster.

Weekend travel would not be so bad if you didn't ABUSE your players on last minute trips and 20 hour bus rides.

I PRAY for the Saints/Landsharks to be free ! !

Let the Dogs out and the Sharks swim FREE !

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2003
  12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Here's a bump for GimmeMySaints, if their F-150 hasn't been blow torched by Hollywood42 that is....

13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that if Hollywood42 was using a blow torch on a truck, there would be way more damage to him than to the truck. :p

RockStar likes this.
  14. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I assume I’d be dead

I don’t even believe that poster was real, more like a current member being a douche

RockStar likes this.
  15. AmericanRockFan

The fact they had a Saints license plate tells me they might've been legit. I did a quick Google search for one and couldn't find one, so it's unlikely they just stole a photo from the internet.

Regardless, I hope they come back. That was some good entertainment, which was much needed on this tame message board.

16. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I bet she is a dog, like ARF ARF.

AmericanRockFan and Wings-4-Life like this.
  17. AmericanRockFan

100% not me, man.