Can anyone touch the Jr. A Adanacs?

Discussion in 'BCLA Forum' started by laxveteran, Jul 6, 2015.

1. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

the Jr. A Adanacs are the dominant force in the BC Jr. A lacrosse , can NW compete? not without Josh Bryne making an appearance and a complete team effort.
    Delta appear to be posers? any comments?

2. theSloth

theSloth Member

I think you've summed it up pretty well. The finals, almost certainly Coquitlam vs Delta, might be alright.

3. theSloth

theSloth Member

New West is out.

4. theSloth

theSloth Member

Delta vs Coquitlam. Might be a decent series.

Coquitlam has looked the strongest in Inter A, too.... but, all the top 4 Inter A have improved a lot over the season. MR, has come a long way as well. Langley put up a helluva fight in the last game of the season against NW. Interestingly, Delta lost to Burnaby in their last game of the regular season. This may have affected their playoff standings. And if it did, they may view it in a positive way.
    [​IMG]

5. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

Coq beats Delta 4 straight, it will be a sweep, with very lopsided scores. Coq is well coached, and playing great, disciplined lacrosse, Delta is poorly coached, ( Rennie is a fraud!) and his team will not fair well when he loses control.

6. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

We shall see. Delta are definitely the underdogs in this series and will fight tooth and nail before losing to Coq in Game 6.

7. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

only way Delta last 6 games is if it is the best of 11. Coq will maul Delta, revisit on Thursday morning and let me know how you are feeling about Delta's chances.

8. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I'm not saying the Adanacs won't dominate given their track record of the last couple of seasons but I definitely don't want a one sided series.

9. wacklax

wacklax Member

Rennie is also a complete douche.

10. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

So I gathered. :rotfl:

11. theSloth

theSloth Member

Doesn't look like it was any kind of blowout.

12. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

This series is going to be interesting that's for sure.

13. theSloth

theSloth Member

I guess the answer to the original question, is 'no.'

14. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Yup. One more and the Islanders are done.

15. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

done like dinner! Coquitlam will mow over the Alberta Rep, then lose out east to the six nations crew, (AGAIN!) prediction, 5 games.

16. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Had a chance this summer to catch games between the Calgary Mountaineers and Okotok Raiders. While the Raiders did not fair well in the season during the Mountaineers they peaked at the right time defeating the Calgary team in 6 games. Really enjoyed watching the JrA kids play and was impressed with the pressure D the Raiders play and how well both teams move the ball on offence. Heck they Roughnecks O should have come out and watched how these kids moved and shared the ball. Great job by McBride, Dobbie, Jake Hayes and Jessie Fehr coaching a young Okotoks Raider team. They will have a tall order to beat the Adanacs, but if you want to improve you have to play the best.

17. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

First, congratulations to the Adanacs on winning the Western Final and again off the the Minto Cup to represent the West. A great team and deserving champion. Enjoyed watching the 3 games. Also, big congrats to the Okotok Raiders, while not winning a game, held the power house Adancs to 7 goals in game 1 and 9 in game 2. Don't think the Adanacs were held to that few goals in their 20-1 romp through the BCLA this past season. Kids in Alberta are improving with exposure to the NLL and great coaching. Know a few folks out in BC and maybe the JrA bosses will finally acknowledge that the Alberta product has improved.

18. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

they need an Alberta all star team to compete, regardless of the scores, we also need a BC all star team to compete with the East, as good and dominant as Coquitlam has been this year, they will get beat in 5, ( IMO ) as witnessed last year, Coq was beat soundly, and they had a far better team than they have this year, ( better coaching this year, Pat Coyle has done a fantastic job) in the end, the East will continue there dominance.

19. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

Minto cup

This Minto is over, 6 nations will run the board, 4-1 prediction